What's new

Last weekends finds.

captain redbeard

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
1,038
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these were dug except the small bird point and the bigger point with the flat side. The small point is 24.86mm long 11.23mm shoulder to shoulder.
1495128180479.webp1495128189252.webp

1495128210732.webp1495128220032.webp
This longer one looks like a point made from a flake and is pretty curved though the tip and base look pretty aligned. This other smaller piece i thought was a broke tip when it fell out of the dirt, but looks to be a well used drill(?)
1495128348968.webp1495128357783.webp

Dug this right with the other artifacts, I do believe its a celt of some kind. Its not polished, but does have some smoothing on bottom side of edge and a little strip on the side.

1495128534165.webp1495128543704.webp1495128552445.webp1495128561632.webp1495128571252.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds! Bet you're having fun at that spot. Always nice when you can be pretty certain something will turn up.
 
Nice finds! Bet you're having fun at that spot. Always nice when you can be pretty certain something will turn up.

thank you. I love this spot and its right close to home, doesn't get any better than that.
 
I guess digging is the way to go for you. I like seeing your success! Great finds!
 
I guess digging is the way to go for you. I like seeing your success! Great finds!

Thanks man. just when I thought finding artifacts couldn't get any more fun :laughing7: I deff like the idea of finding them undisturbed.
 
Never found one digging... Maybe one day

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk
 
This was also dug. Piece of clay that could be natural, but i thinks its a broke piece of something made as the soil in this spot is a sandy type soil then under that layer is straight sand. There is white clay down around the water though.

1495142760781.webp1495142769456.webp1495142778517.webp1495142790766.webp
 
The last one looks natural but Im liking that curved knife. All good finds and I have never dug before I like walking and looking. The laws here are very tricky on the digging so I just dont do it. Looking forward to see what else you find, good luck
 
I know finding an effigy is a one in a million, but I can't help but to think that 2nd photo of the white clay piece sure looks like the profile of a bear's face
 
Awesome finds!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom