J jj358 Jr. Member Joined Nov 14, 2014 Messages 52 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern kentucky Detector(s) used Ace 250 Primary Interest: Other May 8, 2015 #1 I found this in a creek, I know it's an artifact, but what was it used for? Thanks for looking. Attachments image.webp 242.4 KB · Views: 128 image.webp 151.8 KB · Views: 131 image.webp 184.6 KB · Views: 133 Upvote 0
1320 Silver Member Joined Dec 10, 2004 Messages 3,478 Reaction score 2,312 Golden Thread 0 Location East Central Kentucky May 8, 2015 #2 Large scraper or preform is my guess. I don't see any use wear that indicates it would be a chopper/axe. Nice find!
Large scraper or preform is my guess. I don't see any use wear that indicates it would be a chopper/axe. Nice find!
digging440yrs Gold Member Joined Dec 5, 2012 Messages 5,983 Reaction score 4,413 Golden Thread 0 Location UPSTATE NEW YORK Detector(s) used 1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 8, 2015 #3 COOL FIND! still Looks sharp as a razor ,take the hide right off a deer or fat off the hide Last edited: May 8, 2015
J jj358 Jr. Member Joined Nov 14, 2014 Messages 52 Reaction score 84 Golden Thread 0 Location eastern kentucky Detector(s) used Ace 250 Primary Interest: Other May 8, 2015 Thread Owner #4 Thanks for the I.d. I might take it with me deer season and test it out.
C Calgarychef Full Member Joined Jan 23, 2015 Messages 134 Reaction score 106 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 8, 2015 #5 If it was found in Europe it would be called a hand ax. I'd call it a hand ax too, good for butchering!
If it was found in Europe it would be called a hand ax. I'd call it a hand ax too, good for butchering!
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 8, 2015 #6 Nice Humpback Scraper
NCPeaches Silver Member Joined Mar 24, 2013 Messages 2,882 Reaction score 3,005 Golden Thread 0 Location Western Piedmont North Carolina Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 8, 2015 #7 rock said: Nice Humpback Scraper Click to expand... I think rock nailed it...great find!