Latest Privy Find (nothing like western glass)

metalev4

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2006
Well, my digging partner and I are on a great 1860s site, however we hit the water table again at 3 and a half feet. Looks like these early holes will have to wait for late July. We ended up digging 2 broken 1850s pickles, a broken flask and several other early bitters shards. The hole probes to 6 feet, but the water has kept us from any exploration of the bottom. Looks like this hole will have to be dug for a 3rd time. This San Francisco blown spice was a nice surprise from the 3 foot level. Nothing more than a rinse with warm water! Thanks for looking.
-Ev

Attachments

• Spice 2.jpg
    Spice 2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Spice 2 pic2.jpg
    Spice 2 pic2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
Now that's a pretty bottle Evan!! No sick glass on that one!

A sharp looking bottle,like the tint on that one.............................

Crude yet Sweeeeeet !!!!

That one looks great in the window Evan. Nice find!

She's a beaut Evan!

IM

Great bottle Evan, have yet to come across a whole one here and yet to find a spot that wasn't too rocky to probe for a privy... keep it up, you've been turning up some nice stuff

I completely understand. My buddies and I 8 ft stone liner and it was miserable at the bottom. Sloshy and mushy, there was a down spout going right on top of it. Good bottle find!

Very nice little find right there. Can you send some rain out east please. The midwest needs it bad! Congrats on the find, and future finds. jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back