What's new

Lead Item

Slim08

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Location
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Need help identifying this lead relic. I was hunting a colonial property and have searched the net looking for help in identifying. The lead piece has some raised ridging around the circular part after closely inspecting with a magnifying glass. Could it be some sort of badge or rosette? Any ideas would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2104.webp
    IMG_2104.webp
    892.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2105.webp
    IMG_2105.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2106.webp
    IMG_2106.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
Maybe someone's poor attempt at making a counterfeit coin (using a bit too much material...)? The blob on one edge looks like spillage to me.
 
Upvote 0
I was gonna say electrical knock out, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t made of lead, soooooo, I like DCMatt’s theory
 
Upvote 0
Looks like melted a Dutch Boy Paints lead ingot.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom