What's new

Lead t Handle Plug ???

S.TexasKevin

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this lead composite t handle plug of some sort. Length is approximately 2", diameter is a taper of approximately 5/8" - 3/4" taper up towards the T handle and has a noticeable threading.
 

Attachments

  • lead T plug.webp
    lead T plug.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 542
could be a boat drain plug----any ponds plus in the area?
 
Upvote 0
It was actually in the water. I do not disagree that it may be a spigot, but not for a consumable drink for it is lead.
 
Upvote 0
Kieth-Tx said:
Told ya....barrel spigot valve. :BangHead: ;D :headbang:
I agree.

S.TexasKevin said:
It was actually in the water. I do not disagree that it may be a spigot, but not for a consumable drink for it is lead.
Lead was thought to be harmless. We found out from another thread that not long ago even Radium was thought to be beneficial. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • Lead11-23.webp
    Lead11-23.webp
    133.3 KB · Views: 307
  • barrel tap brass.webp
    barrel tap brass.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
Wouldn't a spigot valve have a hole in it, much like a modern day ball valve? As you turned the spigot, it allowed liquid to pass? Then again, I guess they could of made oodles of different types.
 
Upvote 0
Some spigot seats at the bottom, and when turned, lifts up off the seat and the liquid flows under. I am going to say that it is a spigot just not sure what for.
 
Upvote 0
Is there a hole in it?
 
Upvote 0
vhs07 said:
Wouldn't a spigot valve have a hole in it, much like a modern day ball valve? As you turned the spigot, it allowed liquid to pass? Then again, I guess they could of made oodles of different types.
Good question. It also seems to match up a with cock valve in my 1909 Sears Roebuck catalogue but they are brass. I think there are different types of barrel spigot valves. Because its lead, I would think its an old barrel valve.
 

Attachments

  • cocks.webp
    cocks.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
some were threaded and as said would raise up,when turned.Some medicine and carbonated water bottles had stoppers like yours as well
 
Upvote 0
JYI,these were made from pewter or brass.....yours is likely pewter :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom