Learning to fly while relic hunting!

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
Haven't been out in the woods in a month due to the heat and critters. Been doing some beach hunting to fill the void instead. A relic hunter can only dig so many pennies & pulltabs before he goes into relic withdrawal, so I hit one of my productive CW sites looking for some good stuff. About 10 minutes into the hunt I get a good deep signal that can only mean one thing, bullet or button. So I kneel down on my knees and push the pinestraw back and right before I take that first plunge with the shovel I see a slight movement out the corner of my eye, i look to see whst it was, And that's when I learned that it is possible to fly while relic hunting! Ill let the picture speak for itself.
If you look close you can see the spot I was about to dig, also see my coil now look what's next to the tree! Very camo'ed little booger! He could have got me if he wanted, I was on my knees right next to the tree. And yes I did get the target after shooing the copperhead off with my detector. It was a three ringer Minnie ball. Think ill wait for cooler weather before hitting the woods again.
You relic hunters becareful and wear snake boots! Its a dangerous hobby!

ForumRunner_20120905_182133.png

ForumRunner_20120905_182150.png

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Wow you were very lucky. I had to look at the picture for a while to find him. He definitely would have bit me. Would love to see a picture of your finds for the day.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a fairly good sized Copperhead too. Could have been a bad day for you............HH

OP
OP
LCrebel

LCrebel

Jun 27, 2011
Yes sir! That's a big one for a copperhead. To tell the truth I don't know why he did not bite me, I was on my knees almost on his tail before I realized he was there. It startled me enough that I was ready to pack it in for the day! It makes you think what if. Long hike out of the woods and then having to drive yourself to the hospital! You relic hunters be careful take a good long look before you get on the ground!

fuzymunky

Jul 11, 2012
CO
Detector(s) used
Retired: Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro -------
Active: White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Would have definitely needed a change of shorts after that....

fuzymunky

Jul 11, 2012
CO
Detector(s) used
Retired: Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro -------
Active: White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes sir! That's a big one for a copperhead. To tell the truth I don't know why he did not bite me, I was on my knees almost on his tail before I realized he was there. It startled me enough that I was ready to pack it in for the day! It makes you think what if. Long hike out of the woods and then having to drive yourself to the hospital! You relic hunters be careful take a good long look before you get on the ground!

Don't know that you would have been able to drive yourself to the hospital after a bite from a bugger that size.....

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperheads are usually not aggressive ,usually!Of the poisonous snakes they are also least likely to kill you.That being said,they,re still a snake!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread