What's new

leaveing tnet

  • Thread starter Thread starter natchitoches
  • Start date Start date
N

natchitoches

Guest
hi everone
well its time for me to move on.
i made some great friends here. but it just not the same no more.
i will miss you all. byby
 
Upvote 0
natchitoches said:
hi everone
well its time for me to move on.
i made some great friends here. but it just not the same no more.
i will miss you all. byby

Is their any thing that we, as members need to discuss? Not fight or argue either, discuss like adults. I hate to see you go. As a new member, I can't help but feel as if I may have been a contributing factor in your leaving. If so, please PM me. If it is nothing like that, fair well my friend, and good luck in what ever awaits you. You'll be missed.
 
I'm sorry the here this and I hope it's not because of negative talk or comments. I've been a member of tnet for several years and there's been a time or two I've felt the same but stuck around anyhow. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful members here I greatly appreciate what they have to say - you included.

I know that tnet is ever evolving and sometime things get heated and personal but overall it's still a very good resource for those of us who enjoy Amercican Indian Artifacts.

Good luck to you.

Kelly
 
hope ya will change your mind though.
 
Last edited:
Hey nobody likes a quiter cmon.....
 
Dont blame ya but its always good for a laugh with the so called experts. I think the mods dont do much since TN was sold.
hope ya will change your mind though.

Birdcloud you don't have a clue what we do. Do you realize how many threads are posted a day, how many replies are given on those threads. Many of the replies are like books. I myself read hundreds of posts a day and I work a full time job putting in on average 10-12 hours a day at work..........

A quote from someone else........

"If a moderator removes a post John Doe disagrees with he is a good moderator..........
If a moderator doesnt remove a post John Doe reports he is taking sides......
If a moderator removes John Does's post the moderator is a Nazi.........."
 
Birdcloud you don't have a clue what we do. Do you realize how many threads are posted a day, how many replies are given on those threads. Many of the replies are like books. I myself read hundreds of posts a day and I work a full time job putting in on average 10-12 hours a day at work..........

A quote from someone else........

"If a moderator removes a post John Doe disagrees with he is a good moderator..........
If a moderator doesnt remove a post John Doe reports he is taking sides......
If a moderator removes John Does's post the moderator is a Nazi.........."


Keep up the good work
 
T Witko said:
I'm sorry the here this and I hope it's not because of negative talk or comments. I've been a member of tnet for several years and there's been a time or two I've felt the same but stuck around anyhow. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful members here I greatly appreciate what they have to say - you included.

I know that tnet is ever evolving and sometime things get heated and personal but overall it's still a very good resource for those of us who enjoy Amercican Indian Artifacts.

Good luck to you.

Kelly

I hate to read this too Kelly. Nat always came through with the most informative links of any member. I wish he would reconsider or at least let us know if he has problems with some of us. I for one am willing to compromise, if that is even the case. As far as the mods, I think that they do as well as anyone could expect. I hope he isn't leaving with anger or hurt feelings. As a new member, I can't help but wander if I could have done something. I know I fool around quite a bit. If that is a problem, for any one, let me know. I can't speak for others, but can act accordingly myself if I haven't.
 
Birdcloud you don't have a clue what we do. Do you realize how many threads are posted a day, how many replies are given on those threads. Many of the replies are like books. I myself read hundreds of posts a day and I work a full time job putting in on average 10-12 hours a day at work..........

A quote from someone else........

"If a moderator removes a post John Doe disagrees with he is a good moderator..........
If a moderator doesnt remove a post John Doe reports he is taking sides......
If a moderator removes John Does's post the moderator is a Nazi.........."

Uh it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know what a mod does on a forum.I just think it was run better when Mark owned it, no disrespect just my opinion.
 
Dont blame ya but its always good for a laugh with the so called experts. I think the mods dont do much since TN was sold.
hope ya will change your mind though.


Not sure what you mean by don't do much :tongue3:
the last year or so AIA has calmed down allot from what I've noticed,
and you's don't seem to need to be baby sat :dontknow:

NC field hunter=
Is their any thing that we, as members need to discuss? Not fight or argue either, discuss like adults. I hate to see you go. As a new member

I'm curious also, Not to blame or chastise anyone, just to know if your just in the mood to move on,
or if you feel we need to change something :coffee2:
 
Maybe thats it we didnt need babysat, "dont do much" comment was meant to mean it seems like in the past it was moderated more I took it as when Mark owned it was run better, but it was the babysittin lol, anyway no disrespect and i hope yall get paid for the time you put into the site. peace out...
 
Uh it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know what a mod does on a forum.I just think it was run better when Mark owned it, no disrespect just my opinion.

Evidently not.....On top of personally reading hundreds of posts a day looking for issues, we take care of post reports, banner reports, spammers, site issues members report to see if it is specific to just that members or affects groups of members and if we need to get an admin to look at it and look at new members to see if a banned member is trying to sneak back in under new names as well.....We also average 50-75 new members a day that we get reports on via emails.....

At the moment we have 3 moderators and 174 forums plus the 50 states forums for a total of 224 forums.........

If natchitoches has an issue I would hope he would report it to moderators if it is something we can fix..... If it is an issue with specific members in the forum, if someone doesn't report it we have to stumble on it to find it........ I know there have been issues with people posting rocks and offended when members tell them its a rock, but if you go to a forum and say, "look at this and give me your opinion" people are going to give their opinions, as long as it is done in a respectful way and no attacks then they are with in our rules when they give it....Attacks and insults we will handle when we find or they are reported...

Last, you say "I think the mods dont do much since TN was sold" then reply back in another post "no disrespect", kinda hard to not take it as disrespectful........

Just my opinion.....
 
Last edited:
If I meant to disrespect you Id tell you, hard to type a point out sometimes,I gave my opinion whether correct or not in your eyes and i admit i was clueless about all ya do 3 mods an the other work mentioned,like I said no disrespect
 
If I meant to disrespect you Id tell you, hard to type a point out sometimes,I gave my opinion whether correct or not in your eyes and i admit i was clueless about all ya do 3 mods an the other work mentioned,like I said no disrespect

No problem, its over...... Just took offense to the we do nothing comment since we all 3 spend so much time here doing stuff...Its all good....:icon_thumright:
 
ok, thanks for what yall do.
 
BirdCloud said:
Uh it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know what a mod does on a forum.I just think it was run better when Mark owned it, no disrespect just my opinion.

Quick Crying
 
To get back to the person leaving the site, I would like for you to stay if my vote counts any. I have seen you on other sites so we both know this is one of the better ones out there. So consider staying for I have a lot to learn and I really cherish your thoughts when you give them. I find it hard to believe there can ever be a person that knows it all. Thanks, rock
 
rock said:
To get back to the person leaving the site, I would like for you to stay if my vote counts any. I have seen you on other sites so we both know this is one of the better ones out there. So consider staying for I have a lot to learn and I really cherish your thoughts when you give them. I find it hard to believe there can ever be a person that knows it all. Thanks, rock

I'm with Rock! If that is the reason for leaving. He may have just decided to take a break from hunting artifacts. It isn't uncommon for one to take a while off from any hobby, especially this one. This stuff can be mind boggling.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom