What's new

Legal Michigan Sluice permit?

A#1

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2018
Messages
532
Reaction score
659
Golden Thread
0
Location
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone here ever tried to get a legal, honest sluice permit thru the DEQ,?
 
I didnt think you had to have one here in Michigan?
 
As far as I know you do.....did. To use the sluice IN the water anyhow.

Havin a helluva time finding even the rules and application.....let alone a place it could be done, lol

I read them before, was like 50 bucks, and there was a "season"

Finally found a spot and got sone samples in a few hours could i might know if it's worth the effort.
 
A recirculating setup OUTSIDE the water is okay though, which is what I normally do.
 
pretty sure as long as its naturally powered and its under 54 inches you don't need anything....
 
oh yeah I see what your saying now... very hard to follow whats being said in the document and on that website...
 
oh yeah I see what your saying now... very hard to follow whats being said in the document and on that website...
No doubt, but the place checks out so far, yellow on their lil map.

Ain't much crick there, but could be fun, and close to my cabin where I like to play.

Aint done a cleanout yet though. If I get gold, I'll make some phone calls tomorrow, and see if I can get something for next month.
 
The rules, for conversation sake. Screenshot_20190725-135356_Drive.webp
 
You can only see 3, but there's maybe 10 flakes down there.20190725_185233.webp


well, maybe 4
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom