That's a gingersnap cookieBobinSouthVA said:Ok I'll add another one,
Here is my 1937 D three legged buffalo nickle, go ahead prove me wrong![]()
![]()
![]()

IDable copper is always a good find!prolab69 said:heres a few of mine that come to mind,...ct copper, half cent and a 2 piece.

steelheadwill said:That's a gingersnap cookieBobinSouthVA said:Ok I'll add another one,
Here is my 1937 D three legged buffalo nickle, go ahead prove me wrong![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()

Heepiepow,heepiepow said:Had to bump this thread as I found (what might be) my best corroded coin. I almost tossed it in my junk pocket in the field but noticed the round edge. Cleaned it up and it has the "19xx" (possibly 1911?) at the bottom! It's over 2mm thick and 20mm wide post-corrosion. Matching it against other coins it seems to best fit a nickel--maybe a Liberty Head? Would a Liberty Head corrode like this, so the copper is predominant? The "19" is actually in a lower layer than the surrounding copper, which is the "top" extant layer.
Whatever it is it's something I've never found, as have never found a Liberty Head, Indian, or Barber!
(Or any foreign coins like this. The "9" seems different than the US coins I compared it to, though that might just be due to corrosion, I guess)
# 1 is very interesting, I couldn't rest til I got that big copper IDed.bk said:Here are a couple of mine.
The first one I don't what it is but its the size of a silver dollar.
#2 is a Bust dime.
#3, #4 Are not worn but I pinpointed them a little too good.

steelheadwill said:Heepiepow,
That is one odd specimen
Looks more like lead or pewter to me, seems to be remains of plating lower right pic 2
19 looks pretty clear, but the rest?
definitely a whatzit, what type of readings does it give on your detector?

Thanks for that info, lead rings pretty high tone,heepiepow said:steelheadwill said:Heepiepow,
That is one odd specimen
Looks more like lead or pewter to me, seems to be remains of plating lower right pic 2
19 looks pretty clear, but the rest?
definitely a whatzit, what type of readings does it give on your detector?
My detector doesn't have a reading display. The sound it gives is same as a penny, though I haven't tried playing with Disc/Sens settings. I'll do that!
I think you may be right about the pewter/lead though. After looking at it some more it really doesn't seem to fit any coins of the period, plus the "9" looks a LOT like a "G" when viewed from the "top" (which may be the bottom).

heepiepow said:Had to bump this thread as I found (what might be) my best corroded coin. I almost tossed it in my junk pocket in the field but noticed the round edge. Cleaned it up and it has the "19xx" (possibly 1911?) at the bottom! It's over 2mm thick and 20mm wide post-corrosion. Matching it against other coins it seems to best fit a nickel--maybe a Liberty Head? Would a Liberty Head corrode like this, so the copper is predominant? The "19" is actually in a lower layer than the surrounding copper, which is the "top" extant layer.
Whatever it is it's something I've never found, as have never found a Liberty Head, Indian, or Barber!
(Or any foreign coins like this. The "9" seems different than the US coins I compared it to, though that might just be due to corrosion, I guess)

) like it was from Mars.