
Gonehunting said:My one and only Spanish Reale. Found in SE Oklahoma of all places. Someone told me 1780's not sure.

Thanks IP..... sure would love to know how it made it here...Iron Patch said:Gonehunting said:My one and only Spanish Reale. Found in SE Oklahoma of all places. Someone told me 1780's not sure.
70s or 80s.

Well that makes a lot of sense. I found this coin along with about 15 military buttons from the 1820's to the 1840's. Thanks for the history.thrillathahunt said:Hey Gonehunting, I did a little search and found that Spanish silver coins circulated in the U.S. until 1857. In fact, in 1830 approx. 1 in 4 coins in circulation was made in one of the Spanish colonial mints. So I guess they were everywhere. I can't find any though!![]()
steelheadwill said:Here's a Good un,
1689-94 William & Mary Copper, the only copper to say 'et maria' and that's all that's left on it
This was intentionally placed at the interesction of three stone walls next to a small pillar stone. I believe![]()
Thanks IP,Iron Patch said:steelheadwill said:Here's a Good un,
1689-94 William & Mary Copper, the only copper to say 'et maria' and that's all that's left on it
This was intentionally placed at the interesction of three stone walls next to a small pillar stone. I believe![]()
If you can see enough on the other side to say it's British then the date is 1694.

Salt water did a number on this one.
Thanks Iron Patch. I would have never guessed it. Another coin found close by had a 1881 date on it.Iron Patch said:rodgerdodger said:I don't know what this was and is bigger than a quarter 28 mm or 29mm weight 5.38 gr.
Early 2 Reale.
cool Trime,N2CU said:Didn't know what it was when I dug it! My only 3-cent piece.
