Let’s see your in situ pics!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like seeing the themed threads and this one may have been done before. Here are two of my latest in situ pics. Feel free to post them like you find them!
2AD2CF78-9C0F-42D7-8D44-4432E49D9802.jpeg
DADD6D06-E984-40D5-A33B-5763CC1A2322.jpeg

Upvote 20
Some posts moved to different forum as they did not belong in our indian artifact forum.

I like this thread so I'll post a couple more from that site I previously mentioned in SWOK. I took a lot of in situ pics that day cause my son and I were basically doing a field survey. The lake had been drained and we couldn't find any record of one being done before it went in. Very cool spot, and it's all back underwater these days. And you guys got some killer stuff you've found.
2-28aa.jpg
2-28bb.jpg
2-28cc.jpg
2-28dd.jpg

I like this thread so I'll post a couple more from that site I previously mentioned in SWOK. I took a lot of in situ pics that day cause my son and I were basically doing a field survey. The lake had been drained and we couldn't find any record of one being done before it went in. Very cool spot, and it's all back underwater these days. And you guys got some killer stuff you've found.
View attachment 2134238View attachment 2134239View attachment 2134241View attachment 2134242
Very colorful

View attachment 2134238View attachment 2134239View attachment 2134241View attachment 2134242
Good eye on that second one. Don't know if I would've seen it

Few years ago they drained a lake in Oklahoma and my son went out and did a ground survey, and told me it was worth checking out. I made it down there and we found a pretty much undisturbed temporary campsite that had been underwater for years. A couple of fire rings, some flint quarried in Texas,, lots of artifacts, just as they had left them. We took a lot of pics and just left a lot of stuff there. It was an undocumented site so we did report it to the OK Archaeology department at OU. They noted it but didn't have much interest in it. One of the coolest places I'd ever looked over in SWOK. View attachment 2130419View attachment 2130420View attachment 2130421
That's actually quite surprising they took no interest. Old camp sites can hold a lot of important archaeological info. If I found something like that I'd die.

That is a nice blade! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back