Little cousins first hunt. Finds silver!!!

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my cousin went metal detecting at an old church up near my grandmas house. This was his first time detecting on his own. He was walking along and got a solid dime signal. We dug it up and it was a 1941 mercury dime! He was really excited and wanted to detect more. He also found a clad quarter, dime and penny. He found out he really likes detecting and now he wants a metal detector of his own. We're going to the beach next month so wish us luck and hope that we might find something good!
HAPPY HUNTING!!!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499214052.100436.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499214154.309817.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499214163.346085.jpg

Upvote 21
Little C is hooked that's good. Great exercise gets him outside Treasure hunting is lots of fun. He might like Archeology if he likes detecting that would be a great future career lol... Best of luck make sure he keeps that in a case for a momento!!! Thanks for the post Tommy

a merc for a first hunt, is it a sign?

Good for the young fella. I hope he gets the bug and starts his treasure chest. :icon_thumleft:

Beautiful coin! I could only imagine the look on his face when he pulled that Merc...O ya...im sure he's hooked, probably shopping for his own machine as we speak...the silver bug bites deep...Ddf

Congrats to your cousin and to you for taking him. Good luck to you both at the beach

Oh boy another one hooked !! Well it's better than crack! Lol nice find

Congrats to your cousin on his first piece of silver. A Merc dime is always a welcome site.

Good for him! I still have yet to find a Mercury dime. Lucky cousin you have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back