What's new

Little guy

BobGuy

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
331
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this little guy today in a field near a creek I hunt. I think it is a Madison triangle.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374271273.435018.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice little triangle.
Good eye. I love finding those..there isn't alot by me.
 
Thats a nice one. I find a few but most are crude in design. I have only found one nicely made one.
 
Thanks! It was a nice reward for bearing the 97 degree Midwest summer.
 
Keeper! Nice find.
 
Very nice madison. A true arrow head. That material looks kinda familiar. What state if I may ask?
 
I'm in southern Illinois
 
Ohh well it cant be the same material then. I like it though and thanks for the reply back.
 
I know, dumb question...what is a Madison triangle? ???
 
Its a type name for an arrowhead.
 
Nice Madison, I like those little guys. GB is correct, they are a small late prehistoric point from the Mississippian Culture. They are named after Madison Co., Illinois and are found through out the Mississippian River drainage area.
 
That's cool. I lived most of my life in st Clair county which is the county just south of Madison county and Cahokia mounds is located in Madison county. I ran the mounds a few weeks ago and it's an awesome place! Mad co is also the lawsuit capital of the world!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom