What's new

Lizard

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on my screen porch this morning taking some pictures of relics when I caught a glimpse of motion out of the corner of my eye. I looked down and there was a 4 foot
black snake crawling through the flower bed. Whenever I see one I catch it and take it out back to release it into the woods so I went to the garage, got my bucket and extension picker and went to look for the snake. As I rounded the back of the house I saw the snake in the distance heading into the azeala bed. I knew I would never find it in there so I turned back towards the garage and that is when I spotted this guy on the bedroom window ledge. He is a mature southeastern 5 lined skink. They scare the heck out of my wife! I took a few pictures and backed off so as not to spook him.
 

Attachments

  • Skink 2.webp
    Skink 2.webp
    304.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0002.webp
    DSC_0002.webp
    425.3 KB · Views: 89
Nice pic! looks like he hasn't missed many meals...LOL
Jim
 
That's a nice adult male. I caught one last weekend, looked him over, then let him go. Beautiful creatures!
 
I have plenty of them on my place too, and they can get REAL Big... Took a pic of one so big a while back when i looked closely noticed he even had a couple ticks on him..
 
I was on my screen porch this morning taking some pictures of relics when I caught a glimpse of motion out of the corner of my eye. I looked down and there was a 4 foot
black snake crawling through the flower bed. Whenever I see one I catch it and take it out back to release it into the woods so I went to the garage, got my bucket and extension picker and went to look for the snake. As I rounded the back of the house I saw the snake in the distance heading into the azeala bed. I knew I would never find it in there so I turned back towards the garage and that is when I spotted this guy on the bedroom window ledge. He is a mature southeastern 5 lined skink. They scare the heck out of my wife! I took a few pictures and backed off so as not to spook him.

They are cool. Don't grab them by the tail. It'll pop right off.
 
There were small brown lizards around when I moved into the house I've lived for 28 years now, but it's been a long time since I've last seen one. Most likely they disappeared with all this urban development :(
 
Pretty Cool. I've only seen a little blue lizard or skink once on my property. I have no idea what he was, but he was very colorful.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom