Lobo Super Traq as a Coinshooter

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At the end of each gold prospecting season at our school - and hundreds of hours of hard use by ‘Geenhorns’ from across the Country and around the world, I take our Tesoro Lobo Super Traq detectors to the factory in Prescott, so they can give them a general inspection and tune-up.

In August, I asked Robert M. at Tesoro, to send two of the machines to New York, so we could help Frank (Fmerg), run a charity metal detector hunt for some children in Kingston, NY. After the event, I kept one of the Lobo’s here in New York, because I was curious to see what it could do in the dry sand out at Jones Beach on Long Island. The results were outstanding!

After a lot of success at the beach, I brought the Lobo inland, and started dirt fishing with it. Prior to my beach experience with this machine, I had never flipped it out of All Metal mode. As a gold prospecting nuggetshooter, you are in All Metal, All the time! Learning to use the discrimination capabilities of this machine has been an uneasy matter of trust, and disbelief!

Since September, I have been on the headphones in farm fields, County parks, playgrounds (totlots), volleyball courts, soccer and baseball fields, and just out in the woods. I have really been able to learn the “hidden” capabilities of the Lobo Super Traq. The average depth of my finds, are 3”- 6” in depth. I have dug silver dimes (multiple times) at 9”- 11”, and my deepest find, on a relic hunt in a farm field, was a partial horseshoe at about 15” or so!

As a coinshooter, the Lobo Super Traq can probably hold its own with any other VLF unit out there. As far as gold jewelry, I have found gold earring studs at 7” with it! Of course, out west I have found BB-sized gold nuggets (pickers) and birdshot at the same depth!

Here are just some of my dirt fishing finds over the last three-months with the Lobo Super Traq, and also the slideshow of the Tnet treasure hunt in Kingston.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw alot of smiles on the kids, looks like they enjoyed themselves.

Cliff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread