What's new

Local park Large Cent + Church Largie, some silver coinage, and more

Scrappy

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
9,215
Reaction score
14,047
Golden Thread
7
Location
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
7
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is actually a combination of two hunts since I never get long periods to hunt. The first copper I found yesterday at my old 1670 church site. Man I love that place - here's the copper just out ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361620.007748.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361631.159842.webp
Turned out to be what looks like a classic head 1816
I also scored two Roosies and a couple do-dads including a silver chain and cool pin.

Today's hunt was a quick 20 minutes at a local park. Figured I would score a few modern silver coins since all my colonial spots have dried up. I locked on a nice 12-45 and out pops a copper. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361740.031716.webp

Turned out to be an 1830, which is pretty damn cool since the oldest coin I've pulled out of this park prior was a 1889 seated. Needless to say when you're going for modern silver and score a large cent it's a nice surprise. What a nasty afternoon to huntImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361871.813724.webp

I scored a couple more goodies including a Washington q and an emerald ring.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361919.587178.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361929.207273.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456361937.811597.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362043.912636.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362054.368077.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362064.222700.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1456362074.061155.webp

The coppers were roach city but I don't mind. They look great in a big pile in my display with the clean ones on top;)

Keep on digging

Steve
 
Upvote 54
Scrapster nice variety there man all the boys are coming out of the caves:headbang:
Wait until you see my idea come together for all my smoked coppers....:thumbsup:

~Blaze
Smoked coppers are our "bread and butter". Can't wait to see what you have in mind.
Feels good to pull out old coppers
Thanks George. I hope you're getting out and we need to do a hunt this spring!
Nice finds buddy, your a good hunter!

Brad, you inspire me to be a rain or shine hunter! Lol
 
Toasted or not those LC are music to the ears when you swing over them, great stuff
 
Great job buddy. Those toasty ones are just us paying our dues on the way to that next stunner. One of us will pull a super rare stunner in 2016. I'm talking stupid rare.
Just a quick story for you from your psychotic superstitious buddy. Kim picked out a new coffee table and sofa table last weekend. I went and picked them up today. They have these really cool old looking bolt heads on them. I looked closely at them and lo and behold they all have 88 on them. You know what that means brother lol

I do!

That's a sweet table. I remember once I went 8 paces forward and 8 paces left at a site after you mentioning the "8's" theory, and dug a sweet coin. Can't remember which one but it was notable.

I better use it again.
 
Oh Lord! Look out Ahab8 has it nailed!
You have to be very careful to find where the 8's are hiding. Maybe on a gum wrapper, maybe a knot on an old tree....
That is freakin sweet 1670s site I wish there was one of thos around here awesome job!!!!
The finds don't come easy there any longer, but it's my happy place, so I visit it on occasion. They also have a museum inside that I stocked with finds from the property. Cobs, relics, Spanish milled, etc...
Sweet finds as usual! That's a pretty cool emerald ring
Thanks J.
 
Scrapster nice variety there man all the boys are coming out of the caves:headbang:
Wait until you see my idea come together for all my smoked coppers....:thumbsup:

~Blaze
Can't you tell us now, I have a bunch of melba toast, if you know a new way let me know.
 
All I can say is WOW!!!!!:notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom