heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Longest skunk streak for halves? about 56 boxes.

Wait wait wait--- you went 56 ($500 boxes) without finding one silver???

That would make me find a new hobby. You can tell I'm new at this
I thought most people went 4 or 5 boxes tops!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, in 2011. Had several skunk streaks of about 20 boxes since then as well.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had several times when I had a 20-25 box streak. Gets very frustrating, but then again, I've had 1 box with 200 coins, and at least 10-15 boxes of 25 or more. it averages out ok if you have the mental toughness to get it handed to you for a while before the lucky box(es). Just my 2 cents....Brad

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffBoy: I think you are the SKUNK WINNER. Maybe that's why I prefer dimes. I couldn't take rejection for even 20-boxes. My longest skunk streak in dimes is about 4-5 boxes. I must say you have persistance & patience.

OP
OP
heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am currently at 6 boxes on my skunk streak. But the worst I have seen was 28.

Big Question--- so how many different banks do you order from and dump back into your account?
That's like taking a $1000 out of an account and deposit back into the same account aevery week? Dontbthe tellers get sick of ordering boxes for you.

Help me understand the process. I mean 28 boxes is $14,000 total going out and back into the same account???

Help Plz

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
IAMRUSSELL is going to show up and blow this thread to pieces. My longest skunk streak is in the 20's somewhere.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Question--- so how many different banks do you order from and dump back into your account?
That's like taking a $1000 out of an account and deposit back into the same account aevery week? Dontbthe tellers get sick of ordering boxes for you.

Help me understand the process. I mean 28 boxes is $14,000 total going out and back into the same account???

Help Plz

Read the Beginners Guide at the top of the page. You'll get great info there. Sounds like you're already making the worst rookie mistake... Don't dump and pickup at the same bank. Yes they will get tired of you!

21 skunks for me.... But I'm currently on a 7 box silver streak

OP
OP
heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Read the Beginners Guide at the top of the page. You'll get great info there. Sounds like you're already making the worst rookie mistake... Don't dump and pickup at the same bank. Yes they will get tired of you!

21 skunks for me.... But I'm currently on a 7 box silver streak

I never dump and pick up at the same bank!!!!

But if you are ordering from the same "group" of banks--- don't they get to know you--- that guy!

I have 8 of "my banks" in the area and I try to mix it up on who I dump my halve to--- but 20-30 boxes has to liming where you go

Mark

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a current 29 box skunk streak with quarters. Dimes ain't far behind. Halves ain't much better. I'm now concentrating on MDing--trying to find older sites to search that maybe other detectorists haven't thought of(and it's a good way to get exercise). Finally, as for CRHing, I remember the days when one could count on occasionally finding a silver quarter: and a 5-6 box skunk streak would be the exception. HH to all.

Last edited:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never dump and pick up at the same bank!!!!

But if you are ordering from the same "group" of banks--- don't they get to know you--- that guy!

I have 8 of "my banks" in the area and I try to mix it up on who I dump my halve to--- but 20-30 boxes has to liming where you go

Mark

good to hear! They will definitely felt to know you, so make friends with them... Bring them goodies, cookies, etc... Make you showing up weekly a nice surprise for them.

You need to get a system set up and it will make the process easier. Know which banks are dumps and which ones are pickup banks... Never mix the two!

Some here order 10 boxes per week, some only one per week like myself... But a system is what makes it possible either way.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
52 half boxes is my record. But there are 2 other members here that have that beat by double. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I swear these guys on YouTube must be stacking their bags and rollls--- they are picking up silver everyday. Without searching boxes or they get a box with walkers and Barbers. Wtf.
Michigan must suck for CRH and halves.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went 0/16 one week with halves. The very next week, 16/16 of my boxes had silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread