What's new

lookee here.....

unclemac

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
8,031
Reaction score
9,228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now this little fella aint broke, aint sharp...no tip and pretty thick for its size. I don't see it as a point ... it sure looks like other hafted knives that I have found. My issue is the size...if it is a hafted knife it sure was a small one and I am not sure what its use would have been. It seems to have one working edge.....
 

Attachments

  • DSC04186.webp
    DSC04186.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC04190.webp
    DSC04190.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC04191.webp
    DSC04191.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC04195.webp
    DSC04195.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC04200.webp
    DSC04200.webp
    11 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0
I would probably call that a thumb scraper.
 
Now thats interesting. It looks like the one I posted but mine is worked along the edges and comes to a point. Maybe yours is a preform.
 
when I think of thumb scrapers I think of these puppies.....
 

Attachments

  • DSC04228.webp
    DSC04228.webp
    8.7 KB · Views: 84
Now thats interesting. It looks like the one I posted but mine is worked along the edges and comes to a point. Maybe yours is a preform.

what posting was that?
 
what posting was that?

Dart Point? was the title. Mine is fluted I dont know how to spell it but here goes Atalata point I do believe is what mine is.
 
Dart Point? was the title. Mine is fluted I dont know how to spell it but here goes Atalata point I do believe is what mine is.

yes it does look like yours....and I remember now thinking so when I first read your post....is yours broke?
 
yes it does look like yours....and I remember now thinking so when I first read your post....is yours broke?

No it isnt broken. I thought it was when I found it, I washed it then saw it was worked and secondary flaking on the edges. Now I am not a pro but maybe it was an old point and then resharpened later to a new point. I would think it happened like that sometimes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom