Looking for a place to gem hunt around yellowstone or from oklahoma to yellowstone

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great new areas to go mining for golld and crystals. In a few thousand years. :occasion14:

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Roadside Geology of Wyoming by Lageson & Spearing
I used this book a lot while in Wyo. I found jade, snowflake obsidian, petrified/opalised wood & stumbled upon a bluff of gorgeous flint. Looked like moss agate. & the pieces laying on the ground were already polished by the wind & sand. & then there's the fossils! By Kemmerer. Oh & the fishing! & the hunting! & the- - need I say I love WYO.
I envy you your trip. Would love to go to. But while daughters are in college, I will be hunting happily in MO, & hopefully AR.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wyoming is one of the best places to go prospecting in my opinion,this state is under rated in my opinion, everything from diamonds ,to jade, opal, silified wood, some with vugs of amethyst,the wind river region is a great place for gold and gems,and to the south east of this region is whats called the red desert, the jade region,this whole state has something to offer, wyoming is a gem in its own right!fossils to diamonds, and everything in between,great place to go, my advice is to keep your eyes peeled,because there are goodys everywhere! you mention jaskson hole, this is the absaroka range,known for its opalised wood,silified wood,agate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread