What's new

Looking for gold in maryland

Jeff-from-md

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
cecil county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the upper right corner of Maryland Right on the pa line. I have been poking around streams here 1 bucket at a time. Can anyone around here give me any ideas of a place that might hold some color. I have 2 sluice boxes a bunch of pans and 2 metal detectors. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 kids and we want to get out and find some Gold. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
This shows historic mines according to the USGS...a good general guide. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426865473.779229.webp

Note the one in central Baltimore was not a mine, it was a refinery :)
 
They say you can find gold in just about every creek or river in DC. I have a business trip in April to DC. I will give urban prospecting one hell of a shot
 
can you send me this link to the pic. thanks
 
After some cursory research, I have found that any kind of creek/stream/river prospecting on State Land (parks and such) is illegal with no possibility of acquiring a permit. I would love to get some response to private land activities and where one can go in Maryland to do that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom