What's new

Looking for metal detector under $90 shipping inlcuded

Bitdrop

Full Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2013
Messages
179
Reaction score
399
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Blisstool LTC64X v3,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I'm 15 and have recently gotten into treasure hunting. I've always been a finder of sorts whether it's digging in an 1800's cellar hole or looking for lost items. I am looking for a metal detector that I can use in some 1800's town in Vermont, Beaches, and various other areas. But it has to be under $90 with shipping included. Anyone know of any good detectors? Is anyone willing to sell me theirs?

Thanks,
Bitdrop
 
That's a pretty restrictive price range unless you get exceptionally lucky at a yard sale , pawn shop etc. If you can save until you are talking in the 150$ to 250$ range there are several detectors that are quite capable and brand new. Tesoro Compadre, Silver µmax, Garrett Ace 250 and several others just to mention a few. You mention hunting in Vermont and with winter coming on, You might be better served by extending your plan till spring. Good luck in any event.
luvsdux
 
Craigslist Vermont


The above is a link to listings in Vermont.
Below is a link to a person that has an Ace 150 for $100 in Vermont

Ace 150


Also you could post a want ad to Craigslist saying how old you are and want one.
See whats available online at Walmart,Amazon, ect on Black Friday, and on Cyber Monday.
Do a search for any clubs in Vermont and call or email them and see about joining one,and also ask if any of their members are selling any detectors.

Welcome to T-Net.
 
The Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, which is a very decent metal detector can be had from Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby for about $80.00 delivered within the USA.

You'll probably get a lot of comments about saving up for a more expensive unit but believe me, the Tracker IV is a dam good unit and it finds coins, rings, keys, etc. consistently. I have an AT Pro, a Fisher F2 and a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. I keep the Tracker IV in the car all the time and use it a lot. It's a solid unit and works very well!
 
Hi,

I'm 15 and have recently gotten into treasure hunting. I've always been a finder of sorts whether it's digging in an 1800's cellar hole or looking for lost items. I am looking for a metal detector that I can use in some 1800's town in Vermont, Beaches, and various other areas. But it has to be under $90 with shipping included. Anyone know of any good detectors? Is anyone willing to sell me theirs?

Thanks,
Bitdrop

Saltwater Max here on Tnet is selling a Garrett Ace 150 for a little more $$ 105.00 shipped. I bought a detector from him a few years ago, he gets good feedback as a seller. Here is a link
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...05-00-shipped-comes-garrett-detector-bag.html
 
if u have a hobby lobby u can usually get a 40% off coupon online...I bought a tracker 4 there for 60 bucks with that cou[pon
 
Thanks barry.
Think I will buy it for my son to start with. Especially at that price.
 
Craigslist Vermont


The above is a link to listings in Vermont.
Below is a link to a person that has an Ace 150 for $100 in Vermont

Ace 150


Also you could post a want ad to Craigslist saying how old you are and want one.
See whats available online at Walmart,Amazon, ect on Black Friday, and on Cyber Monday.
Do a search for any clubs in Vermont and call or email them and see about joining one,and also ask if any of their members are selling any detectors.

Welcome to T-Net.

Thanks roadrunner!

I will contact the guy in Vermont.

Huge help :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom