What's new

Looks Like A Good Box of Dimes

mick56

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
1,348
Reaction score
1,149
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Been dabbling in halves for about a year, usually find a couple. Since I can't md here in WI till spring, decided to try dimes, also. So I opened an account at a local bank to avoid any hassles. First box had 2 silver, thought that was ok. Next weeks box had 8 silver, boy, thats pretty good. Opened up my 3rd weeks box, and saw 4 silver on the ends of the rolls!! Whoopee!! I think this box will be super!!
 

Attachments

  • silver1.webp
    silver1.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 564
  • silver2.webp
    silver2.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0
if the ratio holds....you should end up around 100..

4 silver out of the 100 showing = 4/100 = 0.04

0.04 * 2500 dimes total = 100 silver (Final Answer!)
 
And the total IS........IS..........IS..................................
 
Gman you made me feel like an idiot just so you know.

I had it at .08 because I used 50 rolls and didn't do the double sides. =(

~Dave
 
Hey Mick,

How long does it take to do this box? I would have had that thing torn up before I even made a post in the first place! Some of us are curious here!
 
BBcardsRI said:
Gman you made me feel like an idiot just so you know.

I had it at .08 because I used 50 rolls and didn't do the double sides. =(

~Dave

Yes ~Dave there is two sides to the rolls :tongue3: Maybe we can put that in the sticky post on the Beginners guide to CRH... ;D

Happy Holidays,
Jason
 
So far I have done 35 rolls and there are 42 Rosies. Saving the others till Christmas Day when my gf will be here, trying to get her interested. I have not opened the 4 rolls I pictured here. In fact, one of those rolls has a silver on each end. Its been hard not tearing all them open, let me tell you!!!
 
I would imagine!

Jeeze... when I would roadtrip with a friend, there were times when I would either need to to back into the bank or simply leave it after he had already hit the teller for halves, while I was getting dimes or pennies in addition, and by the time I made it back to the car he would have already opened all the half rolls without me (we went half and half on finds).

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
I would imagine!

Jeeze... when I would roadtrip with a friend, there were times when I would either need to to back into the bank or simply leave it after he had already hit the teller for halves, while I was getting dimes or pennies in addition, and by the time I made it back to the car he would have already opened all the half rolls without me (we went half and half on finds).

~Dave

I still haven't met anyone to roadtrip with....that would be fun... :)

BBcardsRI said:
Gman you made me feel like an idiot just so you know.

I had it at .08 because I used 50 rolls and didn't do the double sides. =(

~Dave

and if you hadn't said anything no one else would have known the error of your ways...Personally I just thought you were optimistic...... ;) lol
 
The total is 60 dimes and two 5 pence. I'll be getting back to that bank in a hurry!
 

Attachments

  • Silver.webp
    Silver.webp
    173.9 KB · Views: 394
Holy cow, thats the easiest roll+ ever!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Certified Dream Box !!!
Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom