What's new

Looks like a seated!

stickyfingers427

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
82
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Looks like I found my first silver today and I believe it's a seated liberty quarter.. I don't know how to clean it yet so I don't want to damage it ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431284532.774368.webp
 
Upvote 6
Did you find anything else along with that 1700s coin??
 
Congrats on your first colonial copper! I know this is gonna sound bad, but it has worked for me as a last ditch effort to get any remaining detail. I had a similar half penny that I couldn't get anything off of. Toothpick, peroxide...nothing worked. I lathered up an SOS pad (soap pad or brillo pad depending on where you're from) and gave it a scrub. Not brutally hard, but moderate. Got enough detail to get a date. Remember, that's only if you're basically Staring at a blank disc once the peroxide ate the verdigris off.
 
I did not find anything else but still have a lot of detecting to do still in that area. I was their for only 2ours... Unfortunately people on Long Island can be pains in the ass... One guy kept bothering me cause I was to close to his property which was a wooded lot.. Absolutely no houses around and I was on town land but the laws are tricky here
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom