SirJoey
Full Member
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2010
- Messages
- 146
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- White's Classic 5 ID
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Looks Like I'm NOT Stuck With It, AFTER ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally heard from Kellyco, regarding this crappy White's Classic 5 ID detector. They said the reason I couldn't find any of the 9 items I buried (at only 4" deep) was they haven't been in the ground long enough.
I mentioned the erratic screen displays & random meaningless beeps, even when it's laying on the ground not even being touched... they blamed it on mineralized soil. I told them I tried turning the sensitivity ALL THE WAY DOWN, & it STILL did it... they blamed it on mineralized soil.
Told them about the air test, & how it will barely detect a penny at 4", BARELY (measured with a ruler for accuracy), or 6" BARELY, if sensitivity is WIDE OPEN,... they said the air test was not reliable or was inaccurate, something to that effect.
With a whopping 30% restocking fee, or 20% if I pick another detector, it looks like I'm just stuck with this thing. So, this has turned into a $400 nightmare that I'll be paying on for months to come. I wish to heck I had never bought it...
"The Lord is my shepherd"
Finally heard from Kellyco, regarding this crappy White's Classic 5 ID detector. They said the reason I couldn't find any of the 9 items I buried (at only 4" deep) was they haven't been in the ground long enough.
I mentioned the erratic screen displays & random meaningless beeps, even when it's laying on the ground not even being touched... they blamed it on mineralized soil. I told them I tried turning the sensitivity ALL THE WAY DOWN, & it STILL did it... they blamed it on mineralized soil.
Told them about the air test, & how it will barely detect a penny at 4", BARELY (measured with a ruler for accuracy), or 6" BARELY, if sensitivity is WIDE OPEN,... they said the air test was not reliable or was inaccurate, something to that effect.
With a whopping 30% restocking fee, or 20% if I pick another detector, it looks like I'm just stuck with this thing. So, this has turned into a $400 nightmare that I'll be paying on for months to come. I wish to heck I had never bought it...

"The Lord is my shepherd"

If I detector can't see a target in an airtest you sure as heck aren't going to get it in the ground. Of course they count, unless you have really bad air too. 

This is my first MD, & I'm new to all this! 






