What's new

Loomis Fargo

misiek

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
There is a Loomis Fargo location nearby me and I wanted to know how I can approach them directly regarding ordering either boxes or bags. Probably pennies and maybe halves. I tried asking one of my branches and they said they cant order anything for me. I think I have a shot with the 'non-mall' branches but I have not yet talked to the manager and my relationship with those branches is good but I dont think it is good enough in order for them to agree. By the way is it the manager that orders money or the vault teller?

Anyways back to my original question- What do I say to increase my chances, do I email,phone or go in person?
I thought I'd start going through halves. The tellers at my dump bank are saving anything before 1960 for me and yesterday they let me search through 6 rolls of halves and I found 6 40%'s...I think there is potential in my area. I know with pennies it is because I have had some awesome finds...atleast for me. I treasure anything pretty much : ). I found a 1893 IH and a 1914 penny in one roll.
 
Upvote 0
The vault teller has always been able to order for me. I think I might find a different dump bank, and ask your current bank to order them for you. They might not be so friendly if you start bringing in thousands of half dollars to turn in, just my opinion...Ryan
 
misiek said:
A ...how I can approach them directly regarding ordering either boxes or bags.

B ...I tried asking one of my branches and they said they cant order anything for me.

C ...The tellers at my dump bank are saving anything before 1960 for me and

A just give them a call. I did that with a local service. Bought 2 bags of IKES. Cost was $5 per bag + cost of coin.

B when they said "cant" they really ment "WONT" all banks can order boxes. My bank always keeps 2-3 boexes of halves on hand for me.

C better change that 1960 to 1964(that is when silver stopped) and if they are looking at halves 40% silver ones were made up till 1970.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom