Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Each episode is a one hour showing that took at least a week to film. I am on the Montana one. Might be other members here on the other episodes, since they were asking early last year.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.Recorder set for entire series.But (here) it starts @ 10PM

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
well i watched the show, ron,s kids now claim to have found the diggins also.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched that episode. They were able to find it again.
I like the show, that was episode 3 or 4 of the season

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
yup, i enjoyed the show also. it ihas been very well presented so far with no flashback scenes or annoying narrator to listen to.

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travis. When you say “They were able to find it again” are you referring to the location from the book by Ron Feldman and Mic McPherson titled “Zig Zag Canyon”? Near Clifton, AZ on Eagle Creek.?

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Travis. When you say “They were able to find it again” are you referring to the location from the book by Ron Feldman and Mic McPherson titled “Zig Zag Canyon”? Near Clifton, AZ on Eagle Creek.?

Yes. They did show photos of them there with their father. They took a different route then their father did.

I don’t know about the location by name,but they did find some gold. They did say that they were going to file a claim.

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Travis. I need to go through my files. Last I remember Ron Feldman approached the land owner about a partnership and could not strike a deal. Quite a while back. I wish them luck with their quest.

Dirt

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could only get episode 2 and 5 on HULU for now. I just watched the Milton Sharp episode and I liked it. I couldn't believe he didn't recover that target he was digging though?
Also I'm not a white's owner but I'm not sure the MX sport is the machine I would use to locate some buried loot.
The history is super cool to me but the dead ends must be so frustrating. I live right around where the Reno Bro's robbed their first train and It seems impossible to pick a spot to start hunting.

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could only get episode 2 and 5 on HULU for now. I just watched the Milton Sharp episode and I liked it. I couldn't believe he didn't recover that target he was digging though?
Also I'm not a white's owner but I'm not sure the MX sport is the machine I would use to locate some buried loot.
The history is super cool to me but the dead ends must be so frustrating. I live right around where the Reno Bro's robbed their first train and It seems impossible to pick a spot to start hunting.

Brother, you are so right. you do all the research in the world, and you should, but where to start when hunting stolen loot.
Your Reno Bros train robbery loot will only be found if:
- you know the spot the train was held up;
- you know the culprits names and trace their family history and if lucky, have access to the family story to fill in the blanks;
- newspapers and law enforcement (Pinkertons) kept records of the hunt and you can access it;
- you check the horse and wagon trails from the area to possible hideouts (caves, barns, homesteads, etc)
You almost have to think like a robber. Plan the robbery and the best escape route knowing the history of the times.

Dirt

RKW

Aug 11, 2010
Four Corners of New Mexico
I just watched the Lost Adams episode and had an observation to share. In the show the Feldman Brothers were researching in a library and found an old Army record of a man (not Adams) who said he found an area rich in gold, but was subsequently driven out of the area by Indians. Then the Bros made what I think was a huge leap in reasoning and declared that the Army account was the source of the LAD. They further surmised that Adams heard about the the aforementioned gold story and appropriated it for himself, retelling the story as if the event happened to him. From that point on in the show they dismiss the Adams story and pursue the facts of the Army account. Unless there is a backstory concerning this that I'm unaware of, I have a hard time accepting that they "solved" the LAD based on such a tenuous connection between the two tales.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Might want to ask the on site consultant for that episode, I was the Big Horn one. My guess is someone had the research figured out ahead of time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread