Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil,
Please tell me more about the " infrared ". How deep can it go ? How costly can it be ? etc etc...

PLL

OP
OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Pegleglooker:
I.R. (Filming) is only skin deep ! :)

It does NOT! penerate the surface !

It DOES TELL YOU if the surface has been distrubed in ANY WAY! shape or form :thumbsup:
ie: dug into, covered over, shows trails, caves, etc...
Something/anything done to the surface cannot be hidden

If you need ground peneration, you'll need to use GPR, deep seeking MD's, Etc

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings CptBil and everyone,

What is the story behind the buried Spanish cannons? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

froggy

Jan 18, 2008
Canyon Del Oro, Arizona
Oroblanco and everybody:

Here’s one ‘story’ :tongue3::
Coronado National Memorial, off hwy. 92, 30 miles West Bisbee, AZ. is located somewhere close to the site where Coronado camped around 1540 with more than 1,000 fellow explorers. Prior to leaving the area, they buried a large quantity of bronze artillery and other weapons that would be worth a fortune today. Other relics and artifacts can be found at this campsite as well.

the blindbowman

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2006
i think he is talking about thermal scaneing ......and yes under some coditions it dose reach to 20-50 ft ...but only as heat sig....

Stryker_FO

Feb 22, 2008
White Mountain Lakes
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you might want to check with U of A their geology dept. might have the images. I know here in AK we goto UAF and can get the IR images to locate old mine workings before going into the bush.

but it could help you find a large or semi-large digging as to what it would have to be to bury several Arty pieces. just IMHO

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
If the one you took recently looks a lot like this one it wasn't buried, didn't come out of AZ, didn't come out of the Coronado National Forest.

You've made some people fairly angry and the three of you on the ground could have been more careful about what you left behind to identify you.

Attachments

• Similar.jpg
    Similar.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 909

Stryker_FO

Feb 22, 2008
White Mountain Lakes
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highmountain said:
If the one you took recently looks a lot like this one it wasn't buried, didn't come out of AZ, didn't come out of the Coronado National Forest.

You've made some people fairly angry and the three of you on the ground could have been more careful about what you left behind to identify you.

did I miss something .. I didn't see anyone in the posts above state they dug.. just wanted to check thermal imagery to see if they could locate them...

but there are times that attention to detail kicks my behind......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread