lost lake heartbreaker

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
went out early this morning before it got too hot to walk the field by the river. I spent 3 hours out there and found mostly broken pieces and tools. I was walking along the dozer tracks flipping over every piece of flint I came to when I happened upon the straight base sticking out of the side of the bank. When I wiggled it, it seemed pretty solid in the dirt, so I took my stick and dug around it to loosen it up. When I pulled it out I was like Oh My God!!! Although the ears are broke, the point is still in tact. Guess it narrowly escaped the dozer blade. I found alot of tools like scrapers, broken knives, and one of the smallest points I have ever found. It has a chiseled point on it and the base is ground flat. All in all I had another good hunt. Most of the surface finds are playing out now so I am waiting for the landowner to start plowing the ground for late bean planting. Should be some really good stuff brought to the surface....

007.JPG003.JPG001.JPG005.JPG006.JPG004.JPG009.JPG
010.JPG011.JPG013.JPGlimestone tool
016.JPGthe tip is like a chisel
017.JPG018.JPG020.JPG023.JPG024.JPG

Upvote 0
Now that was a productive outing, looks like some nice relics there. Too bad about the Lost lake.

#10 looks like a Celt. You are still pulling out some good ones. Its never like your first hunt in a field that nobody else has hunted for yrs.

You had a great hunt. I would be stoked. You also got some nice pre forms or choppers. I agree great assortment. Good hunt there Huntress. You got it all :hello:

nice finds man congrats HH

Looks like you had a very succesful outing finding some really cool pieces. :icon_thumleft: Love that one in the third photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back