Ray S ECenFL
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 17, 2007
- Messages
- 2,540
- Reaction score
- 20
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- East Central Florida WP
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT / M6
- #1
Thread Owner
I use an icepick to probe for my clad. It seems that I lose one ice pick every year. I do not have to worry about it this year because I already lost one. Got back to my car and it was gone. Checked everywhere. Backtacked to the last spot I had dug at and no luck. This is the second one I lost at the same location.
Went to Walmart and found another ice pick. Not exactly the design I had wanted, but it will do. Stopped by the crafts department and picked up some bright orange paint. Painted the handle bright orange. Next time I drop the ice pick, it should be much easier to find. The brown handle blends in with the grass and is difficult to find.
I normally put the ice pick in my apron pocket and it stays there. Have no idea how I managed to lose this one. Have been considering putting a nylon loop on it to tie it to my wrist or better yet some kind of belt sheath to hold it in.
Ray S
Went to Walmart and found another ice pick. Not exactly the design I had wanted, but it will do. Stopped by the crafts department and picked up some bright orange paint. Painted the handle bright orange. Next time I drop the ice pick, it should be much easier to find. The brown handle blends in with the grass and is difficult to find.
I normally put the ice pick in my apron pocket and it stays there. Have no idea how I managed to lose this one. Have been considering putting a nylon loop on it to tie it to my wrist or better yet some kind of belt sheath to hold it in.
Ray S







