Lost Treasure mine

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
I talk to a guy that has a gold clams out of Foresthill Ca. with a mine called the Lost treasure mine and some other mines on the property. He want to open it up for a kids camp in the summer. He all so wants to open the mine he doesn't know much about gold mining so a friend of his sent him to me . I do not know much about the foresthill area other than dreading below oxbow res. for the summer. Did real good there. He has the blessing of the forest service. My Question is were would you start, the clam has hard rock and placer deposit. We will going up there in Nov. to check it out.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it will be a problem with the clams, unless they're a protected species!:laughing7:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talk to a guy that has a gold clams out of Foresthill Ca. with a mine called the Lost treasure mine and some other mines on the property. He want to open it up for a kids camp in the summer.
He better think about insurance ahead of time.

I belong to a prospecting club and they have the proper insurance for club members.

From what I heard, before I joined, they took a bunch of kids up to a claim and the kids had fun. Someone took photos and put it on the club's newsletter or facebook. Somehow the insurance agent saw the photos and either cancelled the coverage or had the rates raised.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about the Kid Camp aspect, you might be better off asking someone that runs summer camps.

The mining aspect is all about knowing your property. The Placer deposits will be easier for you to get a handle on first, test and sample everywhere that looks promising. You can run a yard (or more) of material and keep good records as to location and weight of gold recovered. Do this in as many locations as possible then try to determine the size of the deposit. With this information you can make some estimations as to if and how profitable the deposit is. Of course, the more sample locations you test the more information you will have and more accurate your estimations will be.

The lode deposit will be more difficult to sample, for obvious reasons, and you will have to send the samples to an assayer but the basic idea is the same. You have to define the size and value of the deposit.

The BLM web site does not list any "Lost Treasure Mine" in the Foresthill area. It does list a rather large group of "Golden Treasure" claims around the Deadwood area. If these are the ones you are referencing the area has a rich history and should be very promising!

OP
OP
B

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
jere64ca that maybe the group of claims. It is on part of Eldrado creek above Oxbow res. I may have misunderstood what he said about the name. He did talk real fast.and some times I hear real slow. I looked up Deadwood and that seams to match up. I will do lots of sampling and then some more, mark and tag samples Does the BLM map stat the orig. owner? he said they were named (Davis)? father and 2 son. I am trying to research as much as possible before I go there. I see the area has both hard rock and placers, some in-volcanic channels. Should be alot of fun! As for the kids camp part I think it would be great to get kid up there to teach them how to pan for gold and learn the History of the aera.

jere64ca

Jul 16, 2016
San Luis Obispo, CA.
Detector(s) used
GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BLM website (LR2000) does not have a search for previous or original owners so it is difficult to ascertain that information. If you know the actual claim name, number or current owner you can pull it up and see if there has been any "transfer of interest" entries. The "Golden Treasure" group of claims has been owned by the Klein family for a long time. You might not want to put too much information about locations and owners up on a public forum, just a thought, some people like to guard there privacy pretty tight, it is all public information, but just a thought.

It is a great area with a rich history and the more kids that we can get involved the better, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread