Captaindoodle
Sr. Member
First - Happy Holidays to you all.
The last few weeks have yielded some interesting developments in the box searching. A couple of weeks ago...I opened my usual sealed bank boxes, and found a large quantity of the rolls marked as if they had been searched...(see pic attached), but the rolls were still tightly wrapped with no evidence of re-wrapping. Found no silver in these rolls , but did find silver in the other rolls comingled in the box. This leads be to believe somebody in the area is relying on a digital scale to search.
Then, last week's boxed yielded a bundle of freshly plated clads...might be chrome on the silver, don't know about the gold ones, all appear to be hard thick plating, difficult to scratch with a knife. This week's boxes yielded about the same count of plated clad. (I haven't released any to the wild yet as a courtesy to my fellow CRH...may date them(as they have no scap or numismatic value) and use them as tracers as I only edge search, and they may give me some useful info if they come back). See Pics
I have seen my share of silver/chrome/gold/whatever plated coins over the last few years, and routinely pull out the stupid counter punched Kennedys and throw them in a jar, but I have never seen so many fresh/quality plated coins at one time...
I am wondering:
Is someone employing CRH psychological warfare tactics (Jeweller Dave have you moved east
)?
Is someone plating coins with the thought to fleece idiots with a new schtick...i.e. silver/gold platted Barry "Hope Half" and these are test specimens)?
Does somebody have too much time on their hands at work at the metal fabricating shop.
If I am paranoid because my silver finds continue dropping and there are so many newbies in my area?
Oh well still finding a little silver (Found the WL ender pictured last week from a Brink's Box). Happy Hunting and Happy Holidays to you all.
CD
The last few weeks have yielded some interesting developments in the box searching. A couple of weeks ago...I opened my usual sealed bank boxes, and found a large quantity of the rolls marked as if they had been searched...(see pic attached), but the rolls were still tightly wrapped with no evidence of re-wrapping. Found no silver in these rolls , but did find silver in the other rolls comingled in the box. This leads be to believe somebody in the area is relying on a digital scale to search.
Then, last week's boxed yielded a bundle of freshly plated clads...might be chrome on the silver, don't know about the gold ones, all appear to be hard thick plating, difficult to scratch with a knife. This week's boxes yielded about the same count of plated clad. (I haven't released any to the wild yet as a courtesy to my fellow CRH...may date them(as they have no scap or numismatic value) and use them as tracers as I only edge search, and they may give me some useful info if they come back). See Pics
I have seen my share of silver/chrome/gold/whatever plated coins over the last few years, and routinely pull out the stupid counter punched Kennedys and throw them in a jar, but I have never seen so many fresh/quality plated coins at one time...
I am wondering:
Is someone employing CRH psychological warfare tactics (Jeweller Dave have you moved east
)?Is someone plating coins with the thought to fleece idiots with a new schtick...i.e. silver/gold platted Barry "Hope Half" and these are test specimens)?
Does somebody have too much time on their hands at work at the metal fabricating shop.
If I am paranoid because my silver finds continue dropping and there are so many newbies in my area?
Oh well still finding a little silver (Found the WL ender pictured last week from a Brink's Box). Happy Hunting and Happy Holidays to you all.
CD
Attachments
-
Dec 2010 004 (11).webp26.1 KB · Views: 515 -
Dec 2010 What a PITA.webp37.1 KB · Views: 523 -
Dec 2010 Shiny Silver and Gold.webp31.2 KB · Views: 520 -
Dec 2010 all that glitters ain\'t.webp52.9 KB · Views: 508 -
Dec 2010 Blazing White Stripes.webp13.3 KB · Views: 529 -
Dec 2010 WL ender.webp27.6 KB · Views: 515
Upvote
0







