What's new

Lots of Targets...Victorian Silver and Musket Relics!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for 6 hours this morning to a couple "beat" sites. Lots of digging and lots still left to find. The silver is 1872. My favorite find is the musket flint I eyeballed...and then found the screw 2 feet away. I know most musket jaw screws were iron but some were brass...maybe...

Also managed a Geo. III and a 1917 Canada LC. Bird band was one of the last targets for the day...will register it later tonight and update with results.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160604_135902_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_135902_edit.webp
    459.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_20160604_135908_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_135908_edit.webp
    549 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20160604_121234_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_121234_edit.webp
    189.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20160604_092604_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_092604_edit.webp
    198.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20160604_103608_edit_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_103608_edit_edit.webp
    102.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20160604_103728_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_103728_edit.webp
    121.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20160604_115453_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_115453_edit.webp
    471.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20160604_135856_edit.webp
    IMG_20160604_135856_edit.webp
    162.5 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Upvote 30
Great Georgie two and great old silver. The musket flint is killer. Congrats on all and a great hunt

Steve
 
Great finds! Hoping it's a musket flintlock screw. Most of those brass ones dug are furniture hardware.
 
Great finds and great pictures. Good hunting and good luck.
 
Yeah...that's what I figure it is...

I find flints from time to time but this one is the nicest (and biggest) I have found to date!

Great finds! Hoping it's a musket flintlock screw. Most of those brass ones dug are furniture hardware.
 
Congrats on the Vicky and all the great finds
 
Nothing wrong with a hunt like that and still targets in the ground...i like what I hear...
 
nice hunt/finds. Looks like you found a little bit of everything
 
That's an interesting copper, and definitely needs a 2nd look. Can you see much on the other side?
 
Looks like you found your share of the goods. Those 2 coins are sweet finds.
 
Bird band turned out to be a twisted War Amps key fob...darn.
 
Not much there...not even sure how to orient it...

That's an interesting copper, and definitely needs a 2nd look. Can you see much on the other side?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160605_074521_edit.webp
    IMG_20160605_074521_edit.webp
    134.4 KB · Views: 116
Well done, sir!
dts
 
The screw is late 18th C furniture hardware (assuming it has a hole on the reverse side).

I agree with IP, the Geo III looks non-Regal.
 
Yep, hole on opposite side. I figured furniture but after eyeballing the flint I had hardware on the brain...

The screw is late 18th C furniture hardware (assuming it has a hole on the reverse side).

I agree with IP, the Geo III looks non-Regal.
 
NICE FINDS THERE ROMEO .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom