What's new

Love tokens?

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
2,078
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how they were made? How they smoothed one side without hurting the other? I suppose a nail was probably used for the engraving.
A love token is a bucket list find for most of us, I'm sure.
Any thoughts?
 
I've wondered that myself, be it "Love Tokens", or "Hobo" Nickels.
 
No expert here, but I imagine they would rub one side smooth by rubbing it back and forth with a file or sandpaper, emory cloth...with the good side up...they are truly awesome pieces and very high on my bucket list..I believe one made banner recently...a Seated quarter, Cjon I think...was one of the nicest posts ever IMO...Ddf
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom