Luck with Re-Rolled (by hand) MWRs of Halves?

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the better boxes I have looked through had MWRs that had been re-rolled by hand. The box was taped closed with the usual tape from the armored car company. When I cut the tape and opened the box and saw all the rolls were MWRs that had been re-rolled (by hand), I thought I had picked up someone's dump that had been passed through the armored car service (given the box was taped closed). I almost didn't look through the box, but then I decided I may as well because I had gone to the trouble of ordering it, picking it up, and making time to go through it. I actually found 1, 90% half, and 2, 40% halves as well as some post-2002 halves in the box.

Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Upvote 0

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a couple times, but I am fairly certain they were dumps. I was skunked.

In your case, you could of had a previous searcher who just missed 1 90%, maybe didn't know about 40%'s or was fooled by a rim check, and didn't care about NIFC's (like a lot of folks here).

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the significance of post 2002 halves?

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive my ignorance, but what's the significance of post 2002 halves?

Have you read the beginners guide in the stickies section? Lots of great info there- please go read it
To answer your ? After 2001 halves weren't intended for circulation- they are knownas NIFC (not intended for circulation)

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most sincere apologies Mr Russell... I'll be sure to refrence the sticky before any further questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread