M-3 GoldenIrishmans Monsoon Mining Thread

I am really sorry to hear that. Sounds like your dad, in some ways, was a lot like mine. He loved seeing my gold and talked about going with me but never did. He had hip surgery at 52 and while he got around pretty well actually after that, he didn't go hunting again and he never got around to going out with me panning or sluicing. I got to spend a week with him, like you did, before he died. You have my deepest sympathies; I know you'll miss him.

Yeah... We used to all my dad "Slim" until he lost a lot of weight. Between having both shoulders rebuilt, a knee replacement, a four-way by-pass etc etc etc we were tempted to change his nickname to "Timex". (Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.) Dad outlived all his siblings by many years and had recently celebrated his 88th B-day.

Another thing about him was that had had worked for the phone company in the back country of San Diego County for many years and knew every farmer from Mt. Laguna to Warner Springs that had a bass pond and managed to get us permission to fish the majority of them.

Yeah... We used to all my dad "Slim" until he lost a lot of weight. Between having both shoulders rebuilt, a knee replacement, a four-way by-pass etc etc etc we were tempted to change his nickname to "Timex". (Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.) Dad outlived all his siblings by many years and had recently celebrated his 88th B-day.

Another thing about him was that had had worked for the phone company in the back country of San Diego County for many years and knew every farmer from Mt. Laguna to Warner Springs that had a bass pond and managed to get us permission to fish the majority of them.

I hear you. My dad was a lineman in Mobile County, Alabama until Pearl Harbor when he volunteered. But later as we moved from place to place with the Air Force, he always found us places to go dove, quail, and pheasant hunting. Dad just seemed to be able to stop at a place and get permission. We went deer hunting too, but Dad seemed to like bird hunting better than deer.

He grew up on a farm, butchered hogs mostly and some cows, so it wasn't that part of it. I think he just loved being out in the woods and preferred moving to sitting in a deer stand. Come to think of it, while we did duck hunt, he liked quail and pheasant hunting more than dove or ducks. Like I said, I think he like moving in the outdoors, not just sitting. Probably why we didn't fish much from a boat, though Granddad loved to do that.

Thanks for the memories. I hadn't really thought about why we hunted what we hunted until right now.

GoldenIrishman, the pain eases with time but the sense of loss only slightly. However, times like this, thinking about my Dad as I sympathize with you and the lost of yours, is a good thing. And if we can encourage you, all the better.

This is repost from the gold prospecting forum...

I never dreamed I would have to do this, but it is with a broken heart that I must tell you that my buddy, the "other" Jeff..."goldenIrishman" passed away in his sleep last night from a heart attack. He was 59, a great friend, mentor and my BEST phone buddy. He spent hours upon hours on the phone with me while he tried to teach me everything he knew about maps (tons) and Land Matters use. He and Jan were planning on coming out to our place this summer. Anyone else who was close to Jeff in friendship and his location, feel free to PM me as Jan could use some of our help at some time in the future.
God Bless you Jeff. You are already missed. :angel7: :4leafclover:

I know this kind of thing is awkward, especially for me, but I feel if you hit "like" you're liking the man and his many contributions... and not his passing. OK?

So sorry for the loss of your friend and member here. Out best to his family.

R I P Goldenirishman thx for your insight and advice. condolences to his family and friends will be sorely missed

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Rest in peace my good friend. We'll mine together again.

jefftux.jpg

You made many feel welcome and uplifted. I hope you experience the same now :)

My goodness, first his dad a month ago and now goldenIrishman. Quite a loss and just 59; he will be missed.

This entire thread needs to be pushed back up to the top. I have reread the entire thread and it has a lot of great information in it. Besides, some folks here still are not aware of our loss of GoldenIrishman.

Thanks Dave. I spoke to Jan yesterday and she is still seeking help and I do what I can from here. The local gold club pres (Jeff and Jan belong to) came by with lots of plans about a yard sale and took the battery out of Jeff's truck to charge it for her. Now, he still has the battery and won't return her calls. I sure wish AZViper was around. :sadsmiley:

Sure hope it got resolved. I sure miss his posts

Me too. :sadsmiley:

I found some notes from me and the other Jeff's last phone call. He gave me the coordinates of his next claim exploration to look at on Land Matters. He was really excited about using his new dry washer that he had repaired and had dialed in. I added a visit to that potential claim to my bucket list should I ever get to AZ.

Wow this is a shock to learn. The last time I saw Jeff he was on his way out heading to Kingman. We met up as he needed more barrels and buckets when I use to get these free. R.I.P. my friend.

AzViper, hope you are doing fine with all the medical problems you have had.

Dave

Wow this is a shock to learn. The last time I saw Jeff he was on his way out heading to Kingman. We met up as he needed more barrels and buckets when I use to get these free. R.I.P. my friend.

My condolences Keith. Sorry too that you had to hear it this way. Thanks to TN, he was the best friend I never met. Hope all is as well with you buddy. :icon_thumleft:
Jeff

If I had not had plans I would make the drive over to Kingman. My wife and I on a two trip that just begun. Currently we are in Monument Valley, Utah heading north stopping along the way filming. Jeff was a tough dude and from what I saw worked hard. The first time I met up with Jeff was to take barrels to him at Kentucky Camp. I then met up with Jeff just below Granite Mountain when he staked a claim. This time I took Jeff one of my custom Viper Vac's when his Friend Chris I believe is his name came down from Texas I believe.

Had lunch and a brew with Jeff and Jan at the 2016 Vegas gold show, real salt of the earth and nice people. All Jeff could talk about was that gold he was determined to find........RIP pal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back