What's new

Macro photos of some of my stones

Fara

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2020
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I took some photos of some of the stones that I guess they are meteorites!
I think those dark coats are fusion crust.
What do you think?
The photos are attached.
 

Attachments

  • photo_2020-08-03_20-24-39.webp
    photo_2020-08-03_20-24-39.webp
    211.2 KB · Views: 67
  • photo_2020-08-03_20-24-36.webp
    photo_2020-08-03_20-24-36.webp
    184.8 KB · Views: 63
  • photo_2020-08-03_20-24-31.webp
    photo_2020-08-03_20-24-31.webp
    263 KB · Views: 60
  • photo_2020-08-03_20-24-13.webp
    photo_2020-08-03_20-24-13.webp
    284.2 KB · Views: 65
Up...
 
Down...

Those pictures do not exhibit the characteristics of typical fusion crust seen on meteorites. That's chemically-altered weathering cortex, commonly seen on terrestrial material.
 
I doubt... Have any certain examples? Send their photo.
 
I doubt... Have any certain examples? Send their photo.

Just Google 'meteorite fusion crust'. There are thousands of great pictures on the web. Just be careful not to compare against pictures from people's blog sites or eBay offerings which are claimed to be meteorites but with no authority.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom