What's new

Made a good find today. Texas Navy button, and an old buckle.

Old River

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought I would give it a try to see if I could come up with another button. To my supprise I found this Texas Navy Button. I wish I could get the picture to come out clearer. Hope your enjoy.

Added a couple of more pictures of the button. Maybe its a little clearer.
 

Attachments

  • Texas Navy.webp
    Texas Navy.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 3,613
  • Texas Navy 2.webp
    Texas Navy 2.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 3,766
  • Texas Navy 3.webp
    Texas Navy 3.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 3,424
  • Old buckle.webp
    Old buckle.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 3,363
  • Texas Navy 4.webp
    Texas Navy 4.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,240
  • Texas Navy back.webp
    Texas Navy back.webp
    38 KB · Views: 3,156
Upvote 0
Old River said:
The Texas Navy button date is 1837 to 1838. I have found six Navy buttons, one Texas Marine Corp., and one Republic of Texas Army Staff button. Its a real thrill to find such. They are not for sale.....

WOW!! Could you post a picture of the Texas Marine Corp button?

MB
 
Cool beans dude, that a really nice button. :thumbsup:
 
Great button and congrats on making the banner. My avatar is my first button and I think I'm hooked now. I never really got it before, but I agree, much better than a coin. Making such an awesome valuable find gives us all hope.
 
Congrats on the banner! That button is in real nice shape. Tremendous find. Hogge :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the banner. Any button that nice with that kind of value deserves it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Now go out and find another. :D :o
 
Congrats on the banner! That is an awesome button!
 
Congrats on the banner. You're making me jones a MD. It's cool how one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm almost positive I've just tossed aside buttons. Never really thought of them as collectable before. good job!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Very nice job on the texas navy button! :) That thing is really cool! :)
 
Thanks for all the comments. It was my pleasure to post it. Thanks PBK.
 
that is one great and rare find and still in good shape to boot -- its a banner find all the way
 
Sometimes a find here does several different things at once: Educates those who didn't know Texas ever had a Navy and Marines (at least I guessed pre-Mexcian War correctly); gets a reply from PBK that's bubbly enough to bring to mind Calvin Coolidge laughing out loud in a speech; and boggles the mind with its condition and gilding after spending maybe 168 years in the ground. Amazing!
 
Hats off to an impressive find, I hope just reading this gives me luck this season I have been researching a new area via Flash earth. I have never touched nor seen such a relic like this ever. Cheers & a hip hip hooray!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Rebel Man
 
Amazing find, I hope folks are realizing thats not US-TEXAS NAVY, thats TEXAS navy- when it was a independent Nation. Very Rare and unique find. Amazing.
 
I have posted all my Texas buttons for everyone to see. Hope you enjoy.
 
The other buttons are in todays finds, as More Texas Buttons.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom