Mag software

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
Wondering what people are using to lay out their search grids for survey work?
We use a JW Fishers Pulse 12 or Proton 4, depending on the search. We used to have a boat set up for surveys and put the grid on our Garmin manually. This worked well, however, it was extremely time consuming. Regardless, we don't have a dedicated survey boat, and I realize most people are probably using a laptop with navigation software. Wondering what's out there? Thanks in advance.

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whitt
You may want to check with J W Fishers as they have navigation software that comes with some equipment. If you bought a long time ago from them maybe not. Worth a call, Check with Chris he is very helpful.

OP
OP
Whitt

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
Thanks guys. We did have the Tracker software, but need something a little more precise for the surveys, especially with the Pulse 12. Thanks again

OP
OP
Whitt

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
Darren - you had me for a minute with the Netflix video, lol

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hypak,seasone,fugawi

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to the Treasurenet forum and particularly the Shipwrecks sub-forum, Brian_m_a. I'd like to invite you and JW Fishers to the 10th Annual Treasure Hunters Cookout on April 29th in Wabasso, FL. (See the stickied thread at the top of the list of threads on this sub-forum) I'd love to see some representatives from your company come and display your products to the 300 to 400 interested folks that will be in attendance.
If your company is interested and you need any additional information about this opportunity, please contact John Redman or myself.

Brian_m_a

Jan 19, 2018
East Taunton Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the invitation ropefish, Please call our factory and tell us more about your event.

Best regards,
Brian Awalt
JW Fishers Mfg
Technical Support
(800) 822-4744

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Whitt,

Please call our factory and we can discuss some ideas for using open source software to lay out your search grids.

Let us know what you find out.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you for the invitation ropefish, Please call our factory and tell us more about your event.

Best regards,
Brian Awalt
JW Fishers Mfg
Technical Support
(800) 822-4744
Sure thing, Brian. This should give you an introduction/ We had 300+ people in attendance last year.
attachment.php

OP
OP
Whitt

Whitt

Feb 7, 2013
So guys & gals - I spoke with Brian & he gave me a bunch of good ideas. I need a day or two with the mag & computer and I will let everyone know how it goes. Right now I need a new GPS antenna & receiver for the JW Fishers head unit. I'm open for suggestions, but not looking to spend a fortune. Our old Hemisphere had sub-meter accuracy.

Glennk

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2005
Scandinavia
Primary Interest:
Other
So guys & gals - I spoke with Brian & he gave me a bunch of good ideas. I need a day or two with the mag & computer and I will let everyone know how it goes. Right now I need a new GPS antenna & receiver for the JW Fishers head unit. I'm open for suggestions, but not looking to spend a fortune. Our old Hemisphere had sub-meter accuracy.

How did it go with the mag & computer?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread