What's new

Maine pottery

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had much to chirp about lately.I've been busy with other stuff.These pottery shards fit and it appears to have a drilled hole in it.I've found other shards with holes but not drilled.Mjm IMG_20150727_162016_119.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice find. Sometimes they're repair holes, and sometimes they were probably drilled so they could be hung.
 
That's different. Neat finds. The hole "might" have been made before the clay hardened though. I only say this because it would have been easier.
 
No chirping here either don't feel bad. Been looking but nothing comes out of hiding for me.
 
I've got some pottery shards with holes in them near the top like yours. I think it was so they could carry them too
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom