mainer Silver Member Joined May 3, 2005 Messages 3,405 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 22, 2013 #1 Hey all, found this up here in Maine today, and am not sure exactly what it is? Spear point or Knife? I beleive its flint. It measures 4 inches long by 2 1/2 inches wide. Thank you for any help. Attachments DSC00149.webp 37.4 KB · Views: 174 DSC00150.webp 22.1 KB · Views: 179 Upvote 0
Hey all, found this up here in Maine today, and am not sure exactly what it is? Spear point or Knife? I beleive its flint. It measures 4 inches long by 2 1/2 inches wide. Thank you for any help.
mainer Silver Member Joined May 3, 2005 Messages 3,405 Reaction score 38 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 23, 2013 Thread Owner #21 I Think your right jlox. Its a beautiful material. I beleive the red one is a type of chert aswell. Thanks for the ID.
I Think your right jlox. Its a beautiful material. I beleive the red one is a type of chert aswell. Thanks for the ID.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 23, 2013 #22 Im in the south but enjoy seeing all types of artifacts. I have never hunted up north of Va. I found my first point when I was about 8 in Va.
Im in the south but enjoy seeing all types of artifacts. I have never hunted up north of Va. I found my first point when I was about 8 in Va.
Charl Silver Member Joined Jan 19, 2012 Messages 3,091 Reaction score 4,794 Golden Thread 0 Location Rhode Island Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 23, 2013 #23 I think that might be Ramah Chert as well. Here's a fluted point made of it: Fluted point from Franklin Co., Vermont----Ramah chert.
I think that might be Ramah Chert as well. Here's a fluted point made of it: Fluted point from Franklin Co., Vermont----Ramah chert.
mainejman Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2012 Messages 1,046 Reaction score 1,878 Golden Thread 0 Location maine Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 23, 2013 #24 That slate piece is probably a broken gorget.
Charl Silver Member Joined Jan 19, 2012 Messages 3,091 Reaction score 4,794 Golden Thread 0 Location Rhode Island Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Feb 23, 2013 #25 jlox59@gmail.com said: That slate piece is probably a broken gorget. Click to expand... Or maybe a pendant with the hole that close to an edge....
jlox59@gmail.com said: That slate piece is probably a broken gorget. Click to expand... Or maybe a pendant with the hole that close to an edge....
dieselram94 Gold Member Joined Jun 17, 2011 Messages 9,236 Reaction score 6,709 Golden Thread 0 Location Mid Coast Maine Detector(s) used Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Feb 23, 2013 #26 Could the piece of slate with the hole in it be a piece of a slate shingle?
mainejman Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2012 Messages 1,046 Reaction score 1,878 Golden Thread 0 Location maine Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 #27 Hey mainer those other other points are probably munsungun chert.it comes in various colors.