What's new

Makers mark ID

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nothing fabulous. Just a cool makers mark.(or name) Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00034.webp
    DSC00034.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC00035.webp
    DSC00035.webp
    95.9 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC00036.webp
    DSC00036.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 802
bigcypresshunter said:
4-H said:
The last word gets me. I looked at it under a loupe and can't make it out. It almost looks like hof lau
LOL I got it! It was right there in front of us all the time. ;D

Its the address. SHOE LANE


Jones and Pontifex, copper plate makers, traded at 47 Shoe Lane from 1788 to about 1793 and that the Pontifex was William Pontifex from Iver in Buckinghamhire


Do I get a beany button? :hello2:


Woooo Hoooo! :hello2:


Wow, so that piece IS Very Old. :thumbsup: Nice work, Big Cy!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. We are looking at the backside. Are you sure there is nothing on the front?
 
Upvote 0
Ill look again! Its at home and I am up at the lodge. I was telling everyone about it. They could not believe someone could ID it. So your efforts educated the staff again! Thanks
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom