What's new

May be last hunt of the season

sweetmimzim3

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
155
Golden Thread
0
Location
Webster Co. Missouri
I will be busy getting ready to move, so this may be my last hunt in Webster County. It all depends on how long it takes to sell our house. Maybe I will find new hunting grounds in Douglas Co. MO? The field needed more rain on it so we didn't find much today. One heartbreaker and The rock I'm not sure about, but it's the abrasive type rock. If it's anything at all it's damaged and possibly unfinished. 20170628_120642.webp
20170628_120609.webp
20170628_121310.webp
20170628_121333.webp
20170628_120857.webp
 
Upvote 0
t_r.gif
applaud_01.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE FINDS Sweetmimzim3 :..
Hope all goes well on your sale and new home!​
 
Beautiful material on that point. Good luck with the move.
 
Rock could be a grinder but a dry pic would be better to see the use wear if there is any hard to tell with it being wet. Interesting material on the point and I would put it in a frame if I had found it. On your house if it is anything like in my area it might be selling as I type this. 1 day and most are bought house market is on the rise again. Im not selling mine low payment.
 
Nice finds..... So are all your secret hunting spots included with house ?? Lol
 
Nice finds..... So are all your secret hunting spots included with house ?? Lol

Lol!! I will be hunting them, but not as easily as I do now. My son lives in the area. My neighbor, the farmer who owns the land wouldn't let people he didn't know go out there, so I guess you will have to buy my house and smooze the farmer lol.
 
Rock could be a grinder but a dry pic would be better to see the use wear if there is any hard to tell with it being wet. Interesting material on the point and I would put it in a frame if I had found it. On your house if it is anything like in my area it might be selling as I type this. 1 day and most are bought house market is on the rise again. Im not selling mine low payment.

I see some smooth ground down areas on the rock. If it's a tool it's highly damaged and unfinished. I agree with the home sales. It's crazy. 20170628_204358.webp
20170628_204431.webp
20170628_204501.webp
 
Looks like a single divot anvil.

Just like we discussed not very long ago.
 
I would also go with anvilstone where that rock is concerned.
 
Dry pics usually show use wear better. The dark spot on the 1 section could also be used as a grinder or a pounder for softer material like crushing berries or nuts. It doesnt really show any heavy pounding scars from what I can see like a hammer shows. I have rocks they used for the softer uses that show the brown stain on them also. It looks like a Quartzite type of cobble which they liked to use. Could be a anvil like other have said but probably a multi purpose stone for many different uses. Ive got a whole table full just like yours, thanks for showing it .....rock
 
Dry pics usually show use wear better. The dark spot on the 1 section could also be used as a grinder or a pounder for softer material like crushing berries or nuts. It doesnt really show any heavy pounding scars from what I can see like a hammer shows. I have rocks they used for the softer uses that show the brown stain on them also. It looks like a Quartzite type of cobble which they liked to use. Could be a anvil like other have said but probably a multi purpose stone for many different uses. Ive got a whole table full just like yours, thanks for showing it .....rock

Thank you. I was thinking multipurpose tool myself. Your opinion is much appreciated.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom