godisnum1
Silver Member
- Joined
- May 7, 2005
- Messages
- 3,694
- Reaction score
- 537
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Legend 2, Nokta Legend, Nokta AccuPoint, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
So <long post>... I've been meaning to check out a specific site here in Saint Petersburg that I knew an old Spanish homestead was once located back in 1843 (later inhabited by a French gentleman in 1880)... but just never got around to the spot to check it out. So on Friday, I took a half day off of work to go fishing (which was a bust, due to the storms). But while waiting for my buddy to show up so we could get our bait, I found myself waiting at the entrance to the property. So I finally took the opportunity to go look around (without my metal detectors), because I've got really good eyes and tend to find surface finds a lot. Upon walking to the spot, I noticed how the ground elevated up from the rest of the area, making it much higher than the beach that is only 50 feet away. Walking up, I spotted two very old cedar trees (not too common in our area) and a really old oak tree, right where the homestead was shown to be located on my map. Right at the base of the first cedar tree, I started to find really old iron strips all over the ground. I found nothing visually around the oak, other than a third old cedar that was growing out of it at some point, but was cut to a stump. I found chunkier pieces of old iron around the other old cedar tree... then found a REALLY rusty iron plate of some kind laying inside the hole at the base of the cedar. I left the plate there and took the handful of old iron and a worked sea shell ring (probably from the natives on the same property). Needless to say, I really want to go back with my metal detector and see what else is under the surface of this homestead. If you know where this site is, please keep it to yourself 🤫🤫🤫
Bran <><

Bran <><




I can see the historical ones but not the Jack-D regular parks. Look out folks it's coming to your town.







