What's new

Merkle?

Mountaineer

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2016
Messages
21
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio River Valley
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this one on an Ohio river bank. I noticed the extra notch. Do you guys think this is a Merkle point?
Thanks for your input.
 

Attachments

  • 20171208_224308.webp
    20171208_224308.webp
    188.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 20171208_224319.webp
    20171208_224319.webp
    150.2 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
What looks to you like an additional notch on the right in the first picture is , I think, just damage to the edge.
 
What you have there is a well used knife with a spokeshave on the blade. So it is actually a knife with a tool notch and it is there on purpose I have some if you want me to add an example? It might take a few days if you say yes work is getting crazy.
 
What you have there is a well used knife with a spokeshave on the blade. So it is actually a knife with a tool notch and it is there on purpose I have some if you want me to add an example? It might take a few days if you say yes work is getting crazy.
You don't have too. I follow what you are saying. Sometimes a few additional sets of eyes can clear things up. I've been at it for 4 years but still have a lot to learn. Thank You.
 
Merkle, Evans, extra notch, I dunno. Cool piece nonetheless.
 
yeah nice find !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom