What's new

Merry Christmas! Summer 2017 Find

Albertaclipper

Full Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
517
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas Everybody!
I have not posted since my last find at the beginning of spring(grooved maul) as I really did not get a chance to get out looking much this summer due to completing major renovations to my house and yard.
Anyways,I am stuck at work today until later this afternoon, and I was just going through my phone pictures and I then realized that I never posted the pictures of the one trip that I did make to a buffalo jump that we explored this past summer. The buffalo jump is on my buddie's uncles land, so we have lifetime free access whenever we want.
At the bottom of the jump, the pile of buffalo bones is very deep (we stopped digging at three feet) and in a 75 foot radius. The bone pile was to the bottom left of the spring (see picture). Bones were sticking out of the ground, so many of them. We never got to hang there long to try to find the cleaning/gutting staging area and look for for tools due to a storm that was brewing and we did have kids with us. We never did go back since as we got too busy, next year!.........Enjoy the pictures!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170615_184441.webp
    IMG_20170615_184441.webp
    678.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_20170615_184450.webp
    IMG_20170615_184450.webp
    235.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20170615_184953.webp
    IMG_20170615_184953.webp
    381.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20170615_185248.webp
    IMG_20170615_185248.webp
    276.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20170615_185945.webp
    IMG_20170615_185945.webp
    666 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20170615_184443.webp
    IMG_20170615_184443.webp
    680.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20170615_190050.webp
    IMG_20170615_190050.webp
    754.9 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
That is wild! Hope you find some great butchering tools there.
 
Really cool I would itching to get back out there looks like a really nice spot
 
Interesting place,looks like you will do well there. Have lots of pics to show us when you do get back!
 
Merry Christmas! So cool that you have lifetime access to that property and can't wait to see what you find there, I'm sure it will be awesome!
 
Looks to be a fun adventure to look around. Id start on top of them hills then work my way down to the bottom. Campsites should be on top.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom