What's new

metal detecting decals on your car...BE CAREFUL

Minelab - Protected by Colt .45

Seriously though, a good idea not to advertise items you may be carrying.

My truck is sticker free, not even a state inspection sticker, at the moment. ::)
 
Bootybay said:
With all the crap going on nationwide, robberies, gas being syphoned right out of your vehicle, detectors being stolen out of your vehicle, I think its a good idea not to advertise on your car/truck with the detecting decals.. its kinda like leaving yourself open to have your vehicle broken into, even if you don't keep it in your car or truck... I just thought I would pass this thought around.. as at this point, ya just never know..
If you want to have a metal detector bumper sticker on you vehicle, have it read: "This driver knows nothing about metal detectors, and has no treasure." (Don't forget, residential addresses are easily obtained via license plate numbers). Why give clues to thieves, like: "Get a Searcher Metal detector like I did and find tons of bling!"
 
I wan't one that says Don't bother looking, I Found it all ;D
 
First, all I have are JOIN THE BOY SCOUTS, my AMERICAN FLAG, U.S. NAVY RETIRED, PROUD NAVY MOM, MY DAUGHTER IS SERVING IN THE NAVY and the U.S. Navy Seal....

I don't put stickers on my car that say MY SON/DAUGHTER IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AT "SUCH AND SUCH" SCHOOL. I teach my kids NOT to give out info, esp online and school names being one of them...I won't advertise what school they go to on my vehicle.....if it's NOT ok for my kids to give out that info, why should it be ok for me... just cause I am a parent? I try very hard to PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH to my children...

Have a good day...
 
It's a d*** shame it's come to this, but I think all of you are correct in your concern. Had a Browning front tag on my truck for years & met several other Browning collectors that way, but no more. Even sold all my quality firearms. Most times now my safe stands open...nothin' in there worth stealing!

And get this...Had a rusty 2" trailer hitch ball & extension that goes into the receiver stolen off my truck recently in a parking lot. Broad daylight! ??? Go figure!
 
Nah no need to not put stickers on my truck. I carry a pistol and my truck is locked at all times. Also i park it in my back yard away from the street. If someone chooses to come on my property to steal from me and i catch them......boohoo for them.
 
I have two bumber stickers on my car.

One says:

Pirate at the Wheel

The other:

My Other Vehicle is a Pirate Ship.

No one would steal from a Pirate!! ;D
 
None on any of my vehicles. Learned from others in the late 70s. In california there were a few cases where guys were followed home. The thieves waited until the guys left for work or to detect & cleaned out their houses. All I remember clearly from this was notoriety is a bad thing! What's even worse now is home invasion robberies were almost unheard of back then.
 
i've got 2 on mine,a dfx and the metal detecting guy.my friends and family both arn't sure what a dfx is and they think the 'tecting guy is a guy pissing.if i do carry mine out its always covered up.as soon as i get my scuba decal i'll put that on to but i don't carry my gear with so i'm not really worried.it might be a good idea to check with your insureance company to see about theft coverage
 
(hanging head) - I have all kinds of bumper stickers (some came with the vehicles).

A couple of treasure hunting stickers, NRA stickers, one that says "don't like my driving, call 1-800-eat-shxT, and one that says, "If you don't value your life, go ahead, screw with my car".(that actually came with the van)

B
 
all I use is my (357) mag and you know it work ! Don't screw with me ! ;D ;D
 
my one and only bumper sticker on my car reads MY OTHER CAR IS A POS TOO !! hehe
 
My dog is in the truck growling for a reason. Are you brave enough to approuch him to find out why he's growling? I don't need stickers for my Smith and Wesson dog. Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do ya? My dog got PTSD from me. Any more bright ideas?
 
I have no MD stickers on my car.....and likely won't.

The only other thing I have stuck to my car is salt and dirt ! :angry7: :dontknow:

Besides.....I am a gun enthusiast and open carry wherever I go.
Dontcha toucha my stuffa.

-
 
After reading this post,I'm going to engrave something identifiable on my machine.
 
since when do we allow the fear of criminals to dictate what we should or shouldn't put on our cars or trucks.i mean after all,dont fancy rims and stereo's say the same thing? oh by the way.......i put my MD sticker right next to my Glock owners sticker.That way the would-be offender is free to exercise his right to choose which one of my items he wants the most.One of them comes with a built in FLASH. :angel9:

But out of respect to Bootybay i will say that his advise is something we should all consider. why leave temptations.
Thanks Bootybay.
 
I know for a fact that a GPAA sticker in Southern California can bring some very nasty consequences.

They are "fondly" (not) called Massie's Marauders.

B
 
brokenarrow said:
.......i put my MD sticker right next to my Glock owners sticker.That way the would-be offender is free to exercise his right to choose which one of my items he wants the most. One of them comes with a built in FLASH. :angel9:

Wooo Hooo!

Amen Brother!
'Cept mine's either an XD45 or GP-100......depending on my mood!
 
By the grace of God i live in Texas and in my particular city it is LEGAL to protect your property. No more dragging them inside and no more "i feared for my life" excuse. As long as they are on your property either damaging or stealing your property they are open to what ever the owner wants to dish out. We have about 2 homeowner shootings here a month.These idiots just dont get it......people have guns, they are not afraid to use them and are legally protected. But then again, if they were smart they would work and not steal.
God bless Texas and bless the USA :violent1:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom