What's new

metal detecting decals on your car...BE CAREFUL

brokenarrow said:
By the grace of God i live in Texas and in my particular city it is LEGAL to protect your property. No more dragging them inside and no more "i feared for my life" excuse. As long as they are on your property either damaging or stealing your property they are open to what ever the owner wants to dish out. We have about 2 homeowner shootings here a month.These idiots just dont get it......people have guns, they are not afraid to use them and are legally protected. But then again, if they were smart they would work and not steal.
God bless Texas and bless the USA :violent1:

that is until their family sues and takes everything including your underwear. The laws are there but they don't help you in a civil suit. Sad Sad Sad.

I want a sticker that has a pic of a handgun and reads----I don't ask questions so you should.
 
The only bumper sticker I have is also the American flag. That should say enough. (TT....where are you?) I also would not let anyone know that I'm carrying a weapon or have immediate access to one. If a bad guy knows you may be armed, and he still wants you or your stuff, he will find a way to neutralize your defense. I'd rather it be a surprise! :smileinbox:
 
packerbacker said:
I also would not let anyone know that I'm carrying a weapon or have immediate access to one. If a bad guy knows you may be armed, and he still wants you or your stuff, he will find a way to neutralize your defense. I'd rather it be a surprise! :smileinbox:

That's the hottest debate topic on firearms forums these days!
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry

You should SEE the squabbling!

I don't argue because I'm not trying to change/run anyone else's life.
I open carry outside the waistband 3 o'clock everywhere I go.
Though open carry is 100% legal (actually, in PA open carry is REQUIRED if you don't have a license to carry!)....most folks aren't entirely used to it yet. That tide is slowly changing though.


But I've already decided.....No OC when I MD'ing! After all, I'm trying to schmooze land owners to let me hunt their property......I don't need to give them any reasons to be apprehensive.


-
 
jeff of pa said:
Anyone Making Metal Detector Decals Yet ?

I got room for more

There are at least two people in the "classified" section selling them. One type is a "hand drawing" and the other is those "black silhouettes".

HH
 
I walked by a tricked out Harley not long ago in a parking lot. I stopped to admire it and I noticed a sticker that said," If you value your life as much as I value this Harley, Don't fu-- with it"! That pretty much said it all. Monty
 
that is until their family sues and takes everything including your underwear. The laws are there but they don't help you in a civil suit. Sad Sad Sad.

I want a sticker that has a pic of a handgun and reads----I don't ask questions so you should.
[/quote]


the law is there to protect the homeowner, not punish them.Of all the shootings,many of them fatal the homeowner has NEVER been sued.if the police and DA dont see a need to prosecute,then the family of the "innocent good boy who would never do that" does not have a leg to stand on and any lawyer with at least two years of community college will know that.

But well i think we have gotten off subject here. I mean after all this started as a warning about decals. sorry folks for getting off track.
 
I like two of my decals in particular - and I know they are both old ones, but I still like them.


 

Attachments

  • smith and wesson.webp
    smith and wesson.webp
    2.3 KB · Views: 736
  • hell with the dog.webp
    hell with the dog.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 691
Yep someone kills your child and you pay for the room and board and medical and education for them for life and for their kids with welfare, and same if you or spouse is killed your cild will have to pay for those things for their parents killers!
 
Gosh, I used to be soooooo pro-capital punishment.

Until I finally saw how the police investigate - they pick a suspect, then do everything they can to convict that person, including throwing out any and all evidence that doesn't support their theory.

There have been so many people that have gone free in the last few years, after finding out that they convicted the wrong person, it is depressing. At least life without possibility of parole gives you a chance to continue to prove your innocence.

In Ohio, 77 out of 201 death row inmates were proven innocent.

In Illinois, 26% of convicted death row inmates have been proven innocent.

In North Carolina, 220 people have been exonerated since the late 1980's. (operation: Innocence Project - non-profit organization from NY),
with an average time served from 10-18 YEARS -

That's an awful lot of "oops, oh, well", and that is only 3 states.

We need to get out of the "guilty until proven innocent" mindset. It's like we are living in the old West.

B
 
You are right that alot of that happens also, then whats a person to do sent to prison maybe 20 years proven incoent they get out what to do with their lives! but it works both ways, child molester is let out and goes right back to what he was doing, like the little girl in Flordia she was still alive in his trailer across the street from where he took her and they did not check it.
 
You don't let a convicted child molester out - ever - unless proven innocent - and you do not try to rehabilitate him/her. (I don't believe that works).

That's where I have the death penalty issue. I have no problem locking someone up forever. And, I think all the rapists and child molesters should be in the same prison and enjoy each other's company, since they are the same sub-species.

B
 
No bumper stickers here
Nothing left in plain view
Vehicle disabled when out checking things
Open carry law here--always armed in plain view
Never had a problem in over 27 yrs here.
New Mexico is sometimes considered "The Old West"
Unfortunately crimes are just as high here as anywhere else
Guess I have just been lucky

Minstrel
 
I wish right now I could carry we have a guy running around he has been grabbing women by the ankles hiding under cars at Walmart, he mugged a woman across the street at Auldis, and the principal at our grandchildrens grade school was attacked when going to the school to open it last Friday she was saved as a lunch room lady pulled in just in time, a woman was raped in front of her kids in her kitchen and another lady was woke up with the guy crwling in to her bed (she I think ) was able to get away! So all I can do is carry a boat air horn the noise will at least make some one look. All these attacks have happend in less then the last 2 weeks.
 
Is there a particular law or something saying that you cannot carry a weapon? (either concealed or out in the open?)

I just renewed my permit to carry a concealed weapon - they're only good for 4 years.


B
 
Here you have to take a class and then get permit to have conceal and no way on carry in the open and there are alot of business that do not allow you to carry in period unless you are law inforcement of some sort.

Hotel I use to work at we had hunters stay there we just closed eyes as they carried there guns in the side doors (no way were they going to be asked to leave those guns out in their trucks) we also had a lot of police stay there and once when 1 goverment guy come in he had just closed a casino down and had ALL the money from it with him we just let him keep his gun ;D
 
Arizona has that "take a class" system, too. To the tune of over $250 - and that's just the class. And, you have to pre-register, and might not get a chance to take it for a month or two. Worst thing is the fact that, to re-new it, you have to do it all again. But you can open carry almost anywhere (except for court houses, etc). Quite a few people do just that. Seeing someone with a gun on their hip is an everyday thing.

When we left, they were trying to change the conceal law to something a little more lax - so, I hope they did.

B
 
They are talking about trying open carry here dont know if it will work though! Hope so in a way! But for some people I know I dont want them to even have access to a gun!
 
Is it your state or your local area that is the issue? (don't know what state you are in)

B
 
I know its a city thing for the permit. i really dont know about the state law on it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom