What's new

metal detecting decals on your car...BE CAREFUL

Cities do tend to be more ------- restrictive - on most everything. (from guns, to how many dogs you can own, to how tall your grass can get).

But - it still IS an infringement on your second amendment rights. (as per the Constitution and the Supreme Court)

B
 
Whats that?? It does not apply in this area! Its known for its own rules. :wink:
 
بلَباه said:
I have painted a life size mural on the side of my decrepit van of an old man detecting the playground.

So far, my van has not been broken into, thank God.........


WOW!!!

Couldja post a pic please?

I'd love to see that!

Really neat!


-
 
;D ;D ;D

Maybe they think you are using a Geiger counter, and your van is radioactive ;D ;D ;D ;D


B
 
With all do respect Bootybay.......Mine's only displayed for the Park Ranger's who drive by me at Antietam (on private land) Battlefield......Gotta Love It ;D
 

Attachments

  • P7210054.webp
    P7210054.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 567
The only sticker on my truck say's "TELL ME WHY IN THE HELL I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH" with a picture of John Wayne and the AMERICAN FLAG in the back ground.
 
No stickers on my Jeep or truck...
It's more like where you leave your vehicle parked and for how long you leave it.
If I have detectors, guns and stuff like that in my jeep. Someone always stays with the vehicle at all times.
Even at the 7-11 stop for soda pop or restroom break.
But, I did see a sticker on a pick up truck parked way out in the boon docks once.
It said, Danger Poisonous Snakes
For sure I was not getting any closer to that truck for any reason... LOL
Yes, I would put a MD sticker on my Jeep. No problem.

Rusty
 
homestake said:
Keep a low profile and...........
Well i wasnt going to comment anymore on this subject because i thought i had already put more than my 2cents but this kinda really tells the the way it is. I love this sticker and now i must have one
 
east tx digger said:
The only sticker on my truck say's "TELL ME WHY IN THE HELL I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH" with a picture of John Wayne and the AMERICAN FLAG in the back ground.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Brother
 
Thieves are pretty smat now days. They watch everything. I had a guy come to my door asking to use the phone because his car was broke down. I did not think much of it and let him in to use the phone. a week later my house was robbed. All my guns, bows, and fishing equipment gone. Rent money, tvs dvd playes and videogames, all gone. I suspect who ever he called had caller id, called the number back to see if anyone was home He was in my house so he got a window shoppers view of what I had available. Be carefull and yes, do not advertise or brag what you have because you might not have it much longer. Just my 2 cents.
 
yikes. man that sucks!! >:(
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Thieves are pretty smat now days. They watch everything. I had a guy come to my door asking to use the phone because his car was broke down. I did not think much of it and let him in to use the phone. a week later my house was robbed. All my guns, bows, and fishing equipment gone. Rent money, tvs dvd playes and videogames, all gone. I suspect who ever he called had caller id, called the number back to see if anyone was home He was in my house so he got a window shoppers view of what I had available. Be carefull and yes, do not advertise or brag what you have because you might not have it much longer. Just my 2 cents.
 
pookie said:
yikes. man that sucks!! >:(
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Thieves are pretty smat now days. They watch everything. I had a guy come to my door asking to use the phone because his car was broke down. I did not think much of it and let him in to use the phone. a week later my house was robbed. All my guns, bows, and fishing equipment gone. Rent money, tvs dvd playes and videogames, all gone. I suspect who ever he called had caller id, called the number back to see if anyone was home He was in my house so he got a window shoppers view of what I had available. Be carefull and yes, do not advertise or brag what you have because you might not have it much longer. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah this was about 7 years ago. We had a hand print in dust on one of my componet shelves and the police says yeah but that could be anyones print. I wanted to ask him if he was the one who broke in or does he just not really give a *&$%. Learned a lot since then. Got a good dog and do not let anyone in my house. Family and close friends only.
 
My car is a very common make and color so I have put some generic decals on it
so that I can recognize it in parking lots.

Nothing political or really noticeable.

:)
 
The "I need the phone" and then getting robbed thing happened to a neighbor of ours in Pa a few years back - now, I still let people use the phone if they want to, but, I never let anyone in - I bring the phone out. (don't know if it helps). But that seems to be an old con, so they can scope your place out.

The cops told our neighbor that you should always keep things closed up and not viewable - keep your garage door closed, etc., so an undesirable cannot take inventory.

B
 
Bootybay said:
With all the crap going on nationwide, robberies, gas being syphoned right out of your vehicle, detectors being stolen out of your vehicle, I think its a good idea not to advertise on your car/truck with the detecting decals.. its kinda like leaving yourself open to have your vehicle broken into, even if you don't keep it in your car or truck... I just thought I would pass this thought around.. as at this point, ya just never know..

Also, if you travel DO NOT put any on your detector hard case(s)! Almost a given your luggage will be diverted to Joe Scmucks garage, ask my hunting partner in California.
Learned a long long time ago, Any Notoriety sucks!
 
I like the sticker :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that seys house protected with a 44 magnum three night a week you pick the night.
 
I use to have a sign on my front garage door that said my dog does the 100 yards in under 9 seconds, how fast are you.?

I raised boxers then and always had 2 and at times I had 3 at a time. I had one male boxer (Muhammad) that was 125 lbs when he was full grown, and it was not fat........funny, I never had any problems with suspicious people around my home, I wonder why....?

For about 9 years I had 3 boxers, Mohammad (male 125 lbs), Ali (female 65 lbs), and Sugar Rae (female 60lbs)...
 
i recently just bought a vinyal plotter for my airbrushing, and have ben dabeling in making stickers, and was gonna do some metal detecting ones for my truck, ill make sure to post some when i get them done,,,its a learning thing right now,,,,,,,,,,
 
MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Thieves are pretty smat now days. They watch everything. I had a guy come to my door asking to use the phone because his car was broke down. I did not think much of it and let him in to use the phone. a week later my house was robbed. All my guns, bows, and fishing equipment gone. Rent money, tvs dvd playes and videogames, all gone. I suspect who ever he called had caller id, called the number back to see if anyone was home He was in my house so he got a window shoppers view of what I had available. Be carefull and yes, do not advertise or brag what you have because you might not have it much longer. Just my 2 cents.

That happened to me a few weeks ago. It was 3:20 am and a drugged up 20 years oldish came banging on my door. I answered the door with my PPK with the safety off and cocked. I told hime to move on and he sure did. I am sure his buddies did too....jim
 
If you want to help them, offer to call AAA. Even if they accept your offer, give the cops a call also. Give the cops a chance to get their info on a Field Interview card. And a headsup to keep them safe if they are legit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom