smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post said it all but was deleted... i guess i crossed over a line that i thought was not crossed.

Too bad... posts like this need addressing in a real way... and is IMO in direct conflict with the direction of the growth of this website as a whole.

I felt that i addressed it very carefully and tastefully and its a shame it was removed... mainly due the fact it would have possibly opened some eyes out there.

And it also errks me for i spent some thought and time on it.

Again...

I crossed no lines at all... So... ?

I would like to have seen it too......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post said it all but was deleted... i guess i crossed over a line that i thought was not crossed.

Too bad... posts like this need addressing in a real way... and is IMO in direct conflict with the direction of the growth of this website as a whole.

I felt that i addressed it very carefully and tastefully and its a shame it was removed... mainly due the fact it would have possibly opened some eyes out there.

And it also errks me for i spent some thought and time on it.

Again...

I crossed no lines at all... So... ?

Yes you did cross the line, that was why it was deleted, members can not insult other members in their posts which you did.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you did cross the line, that was why it was deleted, members can not insult other members in their posts which you did.

TH... I as not aware that this spammer was a "member"...

joining a website and asking the site members to NOT engage / do what it is the site is based upon is not only rude... it is slanderous and even more so... a form of advertising / spam in the form of promoting / selling ones beliefs and obvious agenda.

With that said... views or beliefs is one thing... but something such as these statements made by the OP...go against the "Tnet grain" and IMO a form of "politics".

Which is against the rules as well.

You ask my opinion... the whole thread should be deleted.

Just on principal alone would do it for me.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

joining a website and asking the site members to NOT engage / do what it is the site is based upon is not only rude... it is slanderous and even more so... a form of advertising / spam in the form of promoting / selling ones agenda.

With that said... views or beliefs is one thing... but something such as these statements made by the OP...go against the "Tnet grain" and IMO a form of "politics".

If insulting detecting in "historic" sites is not against a rule here , it certainly should be.
History is being made by the millisecond.
Nowhere is there a site with no history.

Where then would T-Net be if no sight could be detected?
Would recoveries or findings /sightings still be O.K. in such a poster's as our O.P.'s opinion ?
Would even being on a historic site be acceptable? Or must we levitate above the earth somehow? And not breathe any dust from the past in the process....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joining a website and asking the site members to NOT engage / do what it is the site is based upon is not only rude... it is slanderous and even more so... a form of advertising / spam in the form of promoting / selling ones beliefs and obvious agenda.

He is a member here, a new member.

He is not a spammer, he is not advertising, phishing or spreading malware, just because he has an opinion which most members disagree with does not make him a spammer.

He has not violated any of our rules.

His post is not politics

Please move on......

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly......."

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"As a community that shares a compassion for history I ask that you offer suggestions/ideas on how we can put an end to such tragedies."

AARC hit the nail on the head. Congress needs to pass treasure hunting laws identical to the U.K.

It's a win-win for everybody.

Treasure hunting laws in the U.K. set a good example, true, since they pay money for the treasure, they are then obligated to DISPLAY the stuff, for the public to view...!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunting laws in the U.K. set a good example, true, since they pay money for the treasure, they are then obligated to DISPLAY the stuff, for the public to view...!

My lengthy ramble that was deleted addressed this.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask again, Please move on AARC..

Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly......."

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you an archaeologist ?

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the OP accomplished what he set out to do.... I therefore agree with AARC that a deletion of the thread is in order. It is not a thread that will go anywhere but down, exactly what it was purposed to do. Members will end up getting banned over a mystery man who has less posts than I have fingers and toes and who probably will never answer not one of these replies.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....well I had to back and check...but I have many more fingers and toes.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I ask, Please move on.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like TH Beat me to It :laughing7:

Thread Locked !

Anti-metal detecting / Anti-treasure hunting threads are attacks
and will no longer be welcome here. Neither will those who attack us ! :skullflag:

op is banned for lifetime

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread