Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent links! Thank you for posting!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Here is link for laws by state found on Metal Detecting Hobby Talk Website.

MDHTALK - Home: Metal Detecting Hobby Talk

Thanx T_H'r. When the fellow put that site together several years back, he asked me to add an "alternative view". As it pertains to the often "dire sounding" things that you can read with such a site as that. So if you look on that home page, you'll see a row of options lableled "more windows". The last one is lableled "law" . That opens up several articles, one of which is titled "alternative view". Not sure if anyone ever clicks down that far enough to read , but .... there it is :)

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have and thanks.

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Thanx again for the link. And you can see that even the author/hoster of the website, as his own preface too (to each geographic locale's reported "laws") also tempers it with suggestions like: That the "real" skinny is simply what is........ in actual reality ...... cared about by anyone there. Like where the locals go "without problems". Because although some of the things that make it on to compendiums such as those, can sound "dire" (things that *could* be morphed to apply to this hobby), yet actual reality sometimes is: Just don't snoop around obvious historic sensitive landmarks and make a nuisance of yourself.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fault, this thread wasn't really meant to be a running thread, it was for members to have a start point to check their local laws....

Thread is locked..

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions